Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and parking now available in HK for AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated yesterday.

Took a video today with this.
Captured a screen here.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 118
For those not familiar, autopilot (auto steering + TACC) is visible via the blue (when active) steering wheel icon top middle right of the dash (see the picture I posted above).

When you get the update, which I assume is starting to roll out to other cars in HK, the notes are very obvious explaining the features and how it works, including auto lane changing.

By the way, I found the auto lane change a bit slow and hesitant for HK roads. I only saw it work once, the other times it took too long and I just took control of the car.

I called Tesla. They said AP2 features are rolling out on Model S now. They are working the Model X update in order to account for the airbag bug. No ETA but they said it should not take too long.

Nice! Happy with the performance so far? Silky smooth?

I'll test the autopilot function more this weekend - hopefully its not raining too hard (I'm still not confident enough to rely on autopilot in bad weather). I only managed to drive with it on for a few trips last Sunday. Generally it works well. My brief observations so far:
- Auto lane change too slow, hesitates. I would not be confident using it unless on a large freeway where it can take its time to change lanes. I did see it work once and it seems to work well moving into other lane.
- Auto park only seems to detect when there are cars / obstruction on both sides of the car spot. I briefly tried it once but it started positioning in a way which was going to take a long time to correct, so I took over.

Will have to try it out more this weekend.