Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and parking now available in HK for AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll test the autopilot function more this weekend - hopefully its not raining too hard (I'm still not confident enough to rely on autopilot in bad weather). I only managed to drive with it on for a few trips last Sunday. Generally it works well. My brief observations so far:
- Auto lane change too slow, hesitates. I would not be confident using it unless on a large freeway where it can take its time to change lanes. I did see it work once and it seems to work well moving into other lane.
- Auto park only seems to detect when there are cars / obstruction on both sides of the car spot. I briefly tried it once but it started positioning in a way which was going to take a long time to correct, so I took over.

Will have to try it out more this weekend.
Nice! Yes with that rain we had definitely not the conditions to try something new like this in case you have to take control in a hurry...

Anxiously waiting for it on my X!

I just had a chat with out friendly neighborhood Tesla service centre while passing by, and the news is formally that AP2 has been approved by the Transport Department. Only highway with divider use unfortunately, but still... it is something.

All model S cars will first receive the update, then model X. They said it may take the next few weeks but let's hope it gets done a bit quicker.

Good news.

Reactions: flyingbathtub
AP2 autosteering: works but as Jswlim said the lane change is a bit slow.

autoparking: I put the car at angle in position before starting and it seemed to work fine. But it left quite a distance to the back which meant the front of the car stuck out quite a bit from the space. I had to manually reverse 10-20cm to get properly parked

Reactions: T.E.S.L.A
AP2 autosteering: works but as Jswlim said the lane change is a bit slow.

autoparking: I put the car at angle in position before starting and it seemed to work fine. But it left quite a distance to the back which meant the front of the car stuck out quite a bit from the space. I had to manually reverse 10-20cm to get properly parked

what is your version now 17.17.xxx

Update: I have driven a lot on HK island but have only been able to use autopilot for about 30 seconds between Causeway Bay and Quarry Bay. It worked well for the 30 seconds but then we hit the construction so I disengaged AP. I've tried autoparking twice and both times my MS had to abort mission. So far it isn't worth the hype.