Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and v7 coming this Thursday! (15-10-15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The two quotes appear orthogonal:

Let's celebrate 7.0 going wide next Thursday and look forward to all the feedback on UI in 7.1 (likely at some future date).

It's past 1 year since the original announce of autopilot functionality is likely not coincidental - I can only imagine the "conversations" internally... ;-)

After reading some of the comments about lunch and a movie in the back seat (but one of many), I really fear for just how this is going to go. It could be a fantastic coup or it could be literally the end of Tesla. I have a tremendous amount of faith in the human race when it comes to seeking the Darwin award. May we live in interesting times.

Autopilot and v7 coming this Thursday!

Great news for those who didn't like losing some information :

From Elon's Twitter : "@elonmusk: @TeslaPittsburgh Non-autopilot will have a new interface too. More comprehensive UI update coming with 7.1."

Also from Elon on Twitter: "Lots of upgrades and a new look, although main UI upgrade coming with 7.1".

What do you guys think that means? I assume they are aware about the complains about the new UI, but they will release it anyway, with missing time, date, etc. to finally get the auto pilot released. And then they will "fix" the UI in 7.1.

The question is, how long will we have to wait for 7.1? 3 months? A year?

Also from Elon on Twitter: "Lots of upgrades and a new look, although main UI upgrade coming with 7.1".

What do you guys think that means? I assume they are aware about the complains about the new UI, but they will release it anyway, with missing time, date, etc. to finally get the auto pilot released. And then they will "fix" the UI in 7.1.

That's actually how I interpreted it. Perhaps they updated the UI to the barebones version we're seeing early on (like back at the "D" event), but then diverted all hands to getting AP out the door.. then they'll go back and "finish" the UI and hopefully take some of our comments into consideration.

That's actually how I interpreted it. Perhaps they updated the UI to the barebones version we're seeing early on (like back at the "D" event), but then diverted all hands to getting AP out the door.. then they'll go back and "finish" the UI and hopefully take some of our comments into consideration.

I think you're right and if so, it's hard to argue with that decision by Musk and Tesla. Get what has been promised for months to customers into their hands and play with the UI later. If anything this reinforces the strength of the wireless update concept. Every other manufacturer would have to bring the cars back in for service.

I have no doubt comments at TMC were taken into some level of consideration.
I hope they gave a much higher level of consideration to the hundreds of beta testers who actually lived with it.