Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot and v7 coming this Thursday! (15-10-15)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the new v7 Analog Clock looked familiar!
F542JZSH673C6QX.MEDIUM.gif

My attempt at humor.

That said, stupid people will do what stupid people will do, regardless of my joke or not.

Ah, sorry, it did not come through (at least to me) that you were saying this in jest. I'm rather concerned about the public deployment of lane keeping, so I may be a bit overly sensitive to joking. I've had too many conversations with people who were seriously confused. Imho, Tesla should not have used the term "autopilot".

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the new v7 Analog Clock looked familiar!

ROFL.

LOL@SGA.

I really went from bonehead hacker to coder when we were in 4K on an Apple ][ in about '76. This was after a short stint in APL on an IBM System 370 with a card reader. Until you've had to *actually* write to memory in 6502 (or 8080, which was another favorite at the time) to effect a "hires" line (or a "lores" line in 40x40), you've not lived. I still remember the 6502 mnemonics as if they were yesterday ... I can see LDA on a license plate (0xA5, BTW) and think Load the Accumulator.

Love it, BTW@MorrisonHiker

So the honest truth for me is that the graphics we see now are beyond my comprehension, because I remember what we needed to do to implement them. Awestruck, actually. Watching my kids games is literally amazing. Hence, I am unshaken by Tesla's UI changes, knowing they are both pretty awesome and will get updated again and again as things grow and evolve.

After reading some of the comments about lunch and a movie in the back seat (but one of many), I really fear for just how this is going to go. It could be a fantastic coup or it could be literally the end of Tesla. I have a tremendous amount of faith in the human race when it comes to seeking the Darwin award. May we live in interesting times.

...no old, bold (auto)pilots....

Well, because lordy - you sure sound like you'd have all that nailed. Had me scared there for a minute ;)

Not knowing previously about the "ACLOCK" project, I had assumed maybe to poke fun at the Tesla clock, that MorrisonHiker had compiled that clock on all these different platforms -- just to make a joke. But as the images flashed by, it would have taken someone DAYS to produce that many different clocks on those devices, not to mention having easy access to all of that hardware. I was briefly very impressed.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...d-google-accept-liability-for-autonomous-cars
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/v...ject-in-sweden-video-photo-gallery-72343.html

Mercedes and Volvo have both announced they will accept liability for accidents, that's what the references above are about. They have more advanced lane keep assistance right now than Tesla does, although I'm hoping 7.0 will fix that.

They are saying they will accept liability for accidents in future *autonomous* vehicles, not in vehicles with driver assistance features such as lane keeping. Two very different things.

Raise your hand if you had the modem where you had to place your landline handset into it:

I really went from bonehead hacker to coder when we were in 4K on an Apple ][ in about '76. This was after a short stint in APL on an IBM System 370 with a card reader. Until you've had to *actually* write to memory in 6502 (or 8080, which was another favorite at the time) to effect a "hires" line (or a "lores" line in 40x40), you've not lived. I still remember the 6502 mnemonics as if they were yesterday ... I can see LDA on a license plate (0xA5, BTW) and think Load the Accumulator.

What? How old do you think I am? Of course I've used CGA graphics!

Well, I am old enough to have used CGA graphics and let me tell you that it was a fantastic advance from text mode where we had to make pictures using only keyboard characters.
(Also, I love the new v7 UI!)

I remember CGA, VGA, VGA+, SVGA, EGA, all of it. Back when computers always had something genuinely better around the corner. I also had 300 baud modems, then 1200, 2400, 14.4, all of that.

see: Old farts reminiscing about computers

Last edited:
That's my thinking - take our mind off the waiting! Between this and my new Roadster being transported to me I'm in need of constant distraction!
Exactly. I'll spend the next couple days shooling my wife up on her S70 (delivery tomorrow!) and that should keep us occupied waiting for 7. But alas, we'll both be out of town for a week, starting Thursday, and will not be able to upgrade immediately :/