Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot/autosteer on highway 19 big island

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my model 3 I notice that the autosteer is limited to only 45 mphs on highway 19. Most of the road is 55mphs speed limit. Has anyone been successful with using autosteer? I know it is still in beta but I thought as long as the camera sees the speed limit sign it will automatically adjust?

Thank you.

On my model 3 I notice that the autosteer is limited to only 45 mphs on highway 19. Most of the road is 55mphs speed limit. Has anyone been successful with using autosteer? I know it is still in beta but I thought as long as the camera sees the speed limit sign it will automatically adjust?

Thank you.
Have the updates changed this speed limitation? I am awaiting my model 3 and will be driving it on 19 and 11 often.

I recall reading somewhere that autopilot / autosteer will limit the speed on undivided highways.

I notice this driving on Kalanianaole Hwy in Hawaii Kai. There's no AP/AS speed limit for the entire length going kokohead bound from the end of the H-1 until you hit maunalua bay, where the divided highway ends. Then the autopilot automatically drops down to 40 mph after you cross the bridge, and nothing I do will override the limit

Have the updates changed this speed limitation? I am awaiting my model 3 and will be driving it on 19 and 11 often.