Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot aware of the navigation? Probably not, but here's what worked for me...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If navigation and autopilot were connected, I'm sure we would have heard about it, so I'm pretty sure there is none (as of now. ) However, here's what happened to me a couple of days ago (my driving routes are not letting me re-test this for a while):

1. I was driving along a divided highway (401 through Toronto), in the right lane, with autopilot on.
2. I set the navigation (even though I knew where I was going), and the computed route was for us take the third exit from the current location.
3. The upcoming two exits, as well as "our" (the third) exit, were all "right lane splits into an exit lane".
4. AP kept the car in the driving lane (not taking the exit) on the first two exits.
5. AP took the right, "exit" branch of the third exit. The one that the navigation was having us use.

Yes, I tried once and succeeded once, but, still, this is most likely just a coincidence. However, it would be most cool if it did work, so... anyone else tried this, and got similar, or opposite results?

Hello,

Good find.
According to that picture from wk07's post Let the hacking begin... (Model S parts on the bench) - Page 43
It looks like autopilot may use navigation sometimes.
autopilot-debug.jpg

Didn't signal the exit, and I have the "change lane when signaling" setting turned off. Probably too good to be true, but that "Autosteer uses Navigation" image above could be what triggered it for me...