Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot breaking at highway exits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't used autopilot in a few months, but when I would use it, it would slam the breaks every time I passed an exit on the highway when im in the right lane. I think it has trouble reading the lines and freaks out when the lines split for the exit. If I am in the passing lane, it works fine. Its only with the right lane during passing an exit. Maybe its been fixed by now, but it sure has scared me off using the autopilot... until its fixed. I haven't tried autopilot with lane changing yet, maybe this would help the issue and change to the left lane when at an exit?

Same idea with exit ramps with a lane that merges, where you are next to the merge lane (blue car), and any car that exits (solid yellow) instead of passing the exit and merging (dashed yellow) gets tracked even well after it visibly exits the freeway, slowing down with the other car to let it in. Almost impossible to avoid unless you know about it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 5.12.41 PM.png