Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot Buddy now officially banned in USA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AFAIK the only company that uses a visual system to track driver engagement is caddy and they have a much more advanced internal camera setup than what comes in the Model 3 to make it happen.

It's another thing where Tesla kinda planned for FSD to get here sooner instead of later, where driver engagement won't be required anyway so why put more expensive HW inside to track something that won't matter soon?
Model 3 camera should be able to tell how the driver's head is positioned. If its looking forward, fine - otherwise nag.

So can you still use the wheel to disengage AP? Try torquing the wheel slightly less than that to stop the nag. It's not "grip" it's "torque."

If you're saying that you can turn the wheel all the way until AP disengages without stopping the nag, that sounds like something serious, but also, very very strange.
Yes, I understand its the torque. I can't easily figure out the turn needed to non disengage but satisfy the nag. Its a hit & miss - so I prefer just jiggling the volume wheel.

AFAIK the only company that uses a visual system to track driver engagement is caddy and they have a much more advanced internal camera setup than what comes in the Model 3 to make it happen.

It's another thing where Tesla kinda planned for FSD to get here sooner instead of later, where driver engagement won't be required anyway so why put more expensive HW inside to track something that won't matter soon?

BMW has it with their Extended Traffic Jam Assistant System.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it doesn't become a requirement for L3 driving. That way the car can monitoring the driver to make sure he/she is awake, and is ready to take over if the car ever needs to request it. They don't have to be paying attention to the road, but they can't be sleeping.

So mostly it would act as a driver drowsiness system, and there are car companies that do this without any kind of self-driving.

• Informative
Reactions: Knightshade