TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot calibration stuck at 98%

Discussion in 'Model S' started by vapor trail, Jul 12, 2019.

1. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

My recently delivered P100DL Raven Model S autopilot has been stuck at 98% since about day 2. I know others have had this issue. Anyone out there know of a fix, short of service center visit? I have a mobile service appointment scheduled in ~ 3 weeks for this. Was hoping to solve it sooner. I've tried contacting my sales advisor, but haven't heard bad. Sort of frustrating!

2. Mark_T

Mark_T Member

I wouldn't expect your sales advisor to be any help on this, the sale is over and done, they have moved on to the next sales in line by now...

Odds are you have a calibration problem and you will need the service appointment you have booked, just a pity it is that far off...

• Disagree x 1
  3. Sharps97

Sharps97 Member

How much daily driving do you do? Mine took about 5 days with just driving to and from work. After that , you’ll need another 500 miles for HW 3.0 to stop acting completely brain dead. Although smoother, HW 3.0 isn’t nearly as capable as HW 2.0 right now...

• Helpful x 1
  4. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

I had to do a soft scroll wheel reset to make it finish the last bit when I got my car.

5. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

I'll give that a shot. Was wondering if a reboot might restart the calibration process. Thanks!

6. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

AFAIK, it continued where it left off :)

7. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

Unfortunately, reboot didn't work. Stopped by service center today for suggestions. They nicely took my car right in to troubleshoot. Service advisors didn't have any ideas. Hadn't seen the problem before. Pushed latest software update to my car and reset calibration process to see if it would help. No luck. Right back at 98% calibration. Another oddity, is my screen doesn't show any surrounding vehicles. Nothing. Just subtle lane lines. Very odd. Will have to have formal service appointment.

8. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

It means there's no Autopilot / FSD. Since you already had a software update but that has not fixed the problem then it really needs Service Center to figure it out.

9. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

You need to call service number from the car and get them to check the logs etc.

10. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot.

11. s1rk

s1rk Member

Do you have your Sentry Mode set to Auto? Try turning it off for now, remove the USB, reboot, and let your car sleep overnight. I had issues with AP not working due to Sentry Mode and this was Tesla's recommendation. It's worth a try.

12. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

Have read this procedure actually works in many forums across the net. Seems to have a good success rate.
    Good luck.

13. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

sounds crazy enough to just might work! I'll give it a go.