Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot cameras unavailable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New M3P. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 09A520C3-AA72-4DE1-8392-4D5B983B9AB5.jpeg
    09A520C3-AA72-4DE1-8392-4D5B983B9AB5.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 326
  • FFC862F7-B7DD-4C52-90BA-D98037E7C42C.jpeg
    FFC862F7-B7DD-4C52-90BA-D98037E7C42C.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 215
Also curious to hear... I have a 1 week old M3, appt 10/7 for Homelink and Autopilot Cameras Unavailable as well! I did a chat with Tesla (took 30 mins for them to actually answer), and the guy was reportedly able to see my left camera had only reached 99% calibration. He told me to power off the car in settings, wait 3 minutes, step on brake to restart, then drive 20 minutes. Did that and no change...

Also curious to hear... I have a 1 week old M3, appt 10/7 for Homelink and Autopilot Cameras Unavailable as well! I did a chat with Tesla (took 30 mins for them to actually answer), and the guy was reportedly able to see my left camera had only reached 99% calibration. He told me to power off the car in settings, wait 3 minutes, step on brake to restart, then drive 20 minutes. Did that and no change...

Make the SC appointment. Must be a bad batch of cameras or connectors.

I have the same problem, at first
I thought it was still calibrating but now having 100miles on the odometer I thought it can’t be right. I reported it on the app but they didn’t have a service appointment available until November!?

Attachments

• E66B2527-4462-40AB-9325-53818DCEA2DA.jpeg
    E66B2527-4462-40AB-9325-53818DCEA2DA.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 175
Same issue for past few days now. Looks like a bad driver side camera since dash cam doesn't have it recording.

2 issues so far (front passenger door has popping noise on opening or closing) for a new 50k+ car, and Elong's teasing FSD when there's quite a few with camera issues...

Only thing that may redeem it is if my scheduled mobile service will fix the issues or not

Attachments

• 20201013_204150.jpg
    20201013_204150.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 179
I had the same issue after 200 miles (at the start of a roadtrip!). It was the driver's side fender camera and was replaced by a service tech 5 days later. You can check which side it is by looking at sentry mode footage. In my case, I had no left hand view. I heard that there is a batch problem with cameras recently.

I had the same issue after 200 miles (at the start of a roadtrip!). It was the driver's side fender camera and was replaced by a service tech 5 days later. You can check which side it is by looking at sentry mode footage. In my case, I had no left hand view. I heard that there is a batch problem with cameras recently.
I have nearly the same exact issue, just got the error message today and found out my passenger fender camera isn’t working. Tried the soft reboot and the service menu reboot but still have the issue.

I’ve had the car for about two weeks, seems like there is a bad batch of cameras on recently manufactured 3’s. Time to schedule my first service appointment.

It is not only on recent cars. Mine is from March 2019. Two weeks ago the right fender camera stopped working with the reduced autopilot functionality notification. At the same time the auto wiper functionality sort of stopped working.
Today I noticed that the left fender camera also stops working intermittently.

Had a ranger scheduled for next week, but got notified today that there’s a stock rupture for the required replacement parts so that appointment got cancelled.
The whole thing started a few days before the update from .36 to .40 so I‘m inclined to think it is software related.

My appointment also got canceled because they hadn't yet received the parts. They told me they'd bring me in without an appointment once they get the parts. Lo and behold, text came today that the parts are in and now they're saying they may just send the mobile service guys to fix.

Scooter 62- how long did it take them to replace the camera?

Boes- interesting. Mine also crapped out about the same time. I think it was 10/5. I was on .36 at the time. Updated to .40 on 10/7. But if it were truly software related, why wouldn't everyone be losing their cams?