Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot center divider lust in Portland?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reported a while back that AP drove over the left line in spite of perfect conditions. At that time I was driving east on the
Banfield freeway in Portland OR (I84) in the left lane.

Yesterday, driving west on the same freeway in the inside lane, I activated AP and the car immediatly headed over toward the barrier and I had to override AP. I repeated this again and then later when I was close to a car ahead to see if following would help. In all cases it drove over toward the barrier. I did not allow it to go over the line as my wife was annoyed as it was.

I have to wonder if this is related to the reports of truck lust where the car seems to do the opposite of what one might think it would do. On this freeway, the center divider is close to the left lane and pretty much the same distance that a truck in an adjacent lane might be.

Has anybody else observed this sort of thing? Anybody in PDX with experience in this area?

I reported a while back that AP drove over the left line in spite of perfect conditions. At that time I was driving east on the
Banfield freeway in Portland OR (I84) in the left lane.

Yesterday, driving west on the same freeway in the inside lane, I activated AP and the car immediatly headed over toward the barrier and I had to override AP. I repeated this again and then later when I was close to a car ahead to see if following would help. In all cases it drove over toward the barrier. I did not allow it to go over the line as my wife was annoyed as it was.

I have to wonder if this is related to the reports of truck lust where the car seems to do the opposite of what one might think it would do. On this freeway, the center divider is close to the left lane and pretty much the same distance that a truck in an adjacent lane might be.

Has anybody else observed this sort of thing? Anybody in PDX with experience in this area?
All the time. I stay away from the left lane and trucks on my right. AP is not that great for me.