Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to preface, I only use Autopilot during rush hour traffic since traffic seemed to return back to normal in Los Angeles.

Has anyone noticed their autopilot being different ? Perhaps from the last update that went out a few weeks ago.

I noticed previously, the autopilot nag would come on 30-45 seconds (sometimes even longer without nag) when in traffic where the car is driving in bumper to bumper traffic which can get up to no more than 45 mph. Lately it would come on much sooner and it would not warn you to grab the wheel. It would just disengage in red and for you to take control immediately.

Anyone noticed this on their car? Perhaps I need to dive deeper in my autopilot settings or recalibrate cameras as I'm the only one that drives the car majority of the time.

Nope. I'm on 4.18 firmware and AP function is unchanged, however, I think the nag delay has gotten longer.

- No problems with traffic on "straight" roads and freeways
- No problems with traffic going up and down twisty mountain roads

MY_Beach_AP.jpg

I want to preface, I only use Autopilot during rush hour traffic since traffic seemed to return back to normal in Los Angeles.

Has anyone noticed their autopilot being different ? Perhaps from the last update that went out a few weeks ago.

I noticed previously, the autopilot nag would come on 30-45 seconds (sometimes even longer without nag) when in traffic where the car is driving in bumper to bumper traffic which can get up to no more than 45 mph. Lately it would come on much sooner and it would not warn you to grab the wheel. It would just disengage in red and for you to take control immediately.

Anyone noticed this on their car? Perhaps I need to dive deeper in my autopilot settings or recalibrate cameras as I'm the only one that drives the car majority of the time.

Nope. I'm on 4.18 firmware and AP function is unchanged, however, I think the nag delay has gotten longer.

- No problems with traffic on "straight" roads and freeways
- No problems with traffic going up and down twisty mountain roads

View attachment 666908
Mine seemed to return back to normal after a reboot.

It started with the blue nag vs straight to the grab the wheel in red now.

Anyone have any experience with the facial attentive recognition?
For example, looking deliberatly at a cell phone to see if the car starts nagging to look at the road etc. Just for research purposes to see if the car is paying attention to drivers eyes.