Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot, cruise control and auto-steer not available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was driving I-285 around Atlanta today and noticed none of the above available. Looked in control and didn't even see a settting for them -- like it had been erased. Anyone have a similar experience? Version 2017.32.6. Model X P100D.

Just to be clear: are you saying that your car has the EAP option, but in the center display under Controls / Settings / Driver Assistance the Auto Pilot settings at the top of the window are not present?

I have never heard of that happening.
Yes. I have used autopilot and cruise control since day one (3/17/2017). I did find the settings section (user error there) and it is set correctly.

Other symptoms. When driving it doesn't show cars in front of me or grid lines representing the road.

One of the Baltimore I-95 tunnels does this to me regularly - I'll get the red hands/take over immediately with a "reduced front radar visibility" warning, and the two noted features won't be available for two or three minutes after leaving the tunnel, after which it resets and things are fine. MY guess is you have some sort of a sensor problem, either hardware or something blocking one of them.