Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot & cruise control unavailable 2022.16.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am not sure if the problem started when I installed 2022.16.3, but it’s when I noticed it.

I no longer have vehicles showing on the display (lane markings, trash cans, traffic lights, stop signs, speed limits, etc still show) and I can’t use cruise control or autopilot.

I get the following error codes:
APP_W207 - autosteer temporarily unavailable
DI_A175 - cruise control unavailable

Nothing I do works to restore it, I’ve tried the following:
Force reboot with the buttons on the steering wheel
Power off
Recalibrate cameras
Check and clean cameras

I have a mobile service appointment scheduled but curious if anyone else is encountering the issue with this or another software version.

I do not have FSD or FSD beta.

So I am not sure if the problem started when I installed 2022.16.3, but it’s when I noticed it.

I no longer have vehicles showing on the display (lane markings, trash cans, traffic lights, stop signs, speed limits, etc still show) and I can’t use cruise control or autopilot.

I get the following error codes:
APP_W207 - autosteer temporarily unavailable
DI_A175 - cruise control unavailable

Nothing I do works to restore it, I’ve tried the following:
Force reboot with the buttons on the steering wheel
Power off
Recalibrate cameras
Check and clean cameras

I have a mobile service appointment scheduled but curious if anyone else is encountering the issue with this or another software version.

I do not have FSD or FSD beta.
I started having same issue two days ago. Reboot system and still get same error codes..

Upvote 0
Any response from Tesla yet? I got the same errors as well on 2022.16.3 this morning with no visualizations on my HW3 2019 Model 3. I also opened a service appointment but haven't heard back yet. Normally I wouldn't be so quick to make an appointment, but I've been having erratic autopilot behavior for many months. After 2 service visits they confirmed the erratic behavior and escalated it to engineering, but engineering refused to throw any parts at it since there were no faults detected in the logs. I'm hoping a sensor or other part has actually faulted this time so they will take action as my autosteer (even when "working") has been completely unusable at highways speeds, ping-ponging randomly and hugging either side of the lane. I also have a HW2.5 2018 Model 3 with autopilot that is still working very well with no issues other than the normal limitations, on 2022.16.3 as well.

Upvote 0
I have had that problem with the fsdbeta. Temporarily resolved by repeated resets (not just one), then it comes back the next day. My “virtual service” guy says he has no experience with fsdBeta, but firmly believes that is the problem. So just like this country we have gone from facts to beliefs…. Maybe the “virtual service” is the big AI experiment, and no one is actually home at Tesla. They just give me thanks for working for them for free and reducing carbon…. So hey, thank you!

Upvote 0
I contacted Tesla Service with this very issue two months ago and this was their response:

Hi, this is ***** from Tesla's Service team.
I have confirmed that the cause of your concern is a known software issue currently under imvestigation and will be resolved in a future update. If you have any questions feel free to reply here. The software teams are working hard to resolve this for us. Thank you

• Helpful
Reactions: GadgetGary
Upvote 0
My functionality has been restored after letting the car sleep overnight, however it's still behaving oddly as ever with unsafe ping-ponging and side of the lane hugging at high speeds. I'm leaving my appointment open to see if they will do a remote diag, but my hopes for any help with that issue have been crushed multiple times by the Eatonville service center.

Upvote 0
Experienced the same problem for about a month now both in autopilot and FSD. Seems that the car, GPS and autopilot/FSD are not in sync anymore which is causing the autopilot and FSD to malfunction. Actually quite dangerous as the car is acting like it is possessed wanting to slow down to 25 MPH on the freeway or making turns when it thinks it is on some phantom side street. Reminds me of Christine from the Stephen King’s novel.

Upvote 0
Same Problem here in Europe with an Freemont Model 3 from 03/2021.

Completely random loss of visual functions, cruise control, autopilot and sentry mode.

Service Alerts statet a Problem with the front camera, Tesla Service Center took it in for a camera replacement but that didn't worked so far, or to say: it made no difference.

The Fault comes without a warning and goes without a warning 🤷

Upvote 0