Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot & Cruise control unavailable??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been having these problems on and off for a few months. Now every time this happens, I schedule an appointment on the Tesla app and ask them to reinstall the software. Version 2022.16.1.2 seemed to work but now I am experiencing all these problems (no autopilot, cruise control, or visual) after yesterday's update to 2022.16.2.

2019 M3LR
I've got all the same issues as you. Had repeated issues, every time I would send a bug report. Finally they told me 2022.16.2 would fix it. Got it 2 days ago, and it broke autopilot/cruise completely. Now it doesn't work for any ride. Scheduled a ticket for service on 7/5, we'll see what they say this time. I'm not optimistic as they've cancelled my service ticket 4 times in a row for this issue. Now I'm extra worried because my warranty expires in a month.

2018 M3LR-rwd

Jumping in here with our experience. My wife has a 2018 Mid Range 3. It's on 2022.16.2 and it has the an error similar to what you all are describing. On freeways, we get a "cruise control unavailable" or "front camera blocked or blinded". The camera definitely isn't blocked as the glass is clean and fog isn't an issue. No visualizations when getting this error either. On the off chance we can get it to work, sometimes it works fine for the entire drive of ~15 miles and sometimes the alert to immediately take over pops up after 10-20 seconds. Scroll wheel reboots, scroll wheel + brake reboots, and shutting off sentry have not helped. None of this happens when on well marked city streets. I thought it was a speed related issue, but even when in traffic on freeways, it was a problem. Then I thought it was a sun issue as changing directions on the freeway solved it for a short while, but then it happened at night. Very frustrating.

The car is out of warranty, any idea what Tesla charges for such a case to diagnose? If it's a radar like @2putt4, wonder how much it is out of warranty. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Jumping in here with our experience. My wife has a 2018 Mid Range 3. It's on 2022.16.2 and it has the an error similar to what you all are describing. On freeways, we get a "cruise control unavailable" or "front camera blocked or blinded". The camera definitely isn't blocked as the glass is clean and fog isn't an issue. No visualizations when getting this error either. On the off chance we can get it to work, sometimes it works fine for the entire drive of ~15 miles and sometimes the alert to immediately take over pops up after 10-20 seconds. Scroll wheel reboots, scroll wheel + brake reboots, and shutting off sentry have not helped. None of this happens when on well marked city streets. I thought it was a speed related issue, but even when in traffic on freeways, it was a problem. Then I thought it was a sun issue as changing directions on the freeway solved it for a short while, but then it happened at night. Very frustrating.

The car is out of warranty, any idea what Tesla charges for such a case to diagnose? If it's a radar like @2putt4, wonder how much it is out of warranty. Any thoughts are appreciated.
If you schedule a service appointment via the app, they will attach an estimate. Mine is still under warranty so therefore I can't tell you how much it costs. I don't even know what their hourly labor charge is. I think that it has nothing to do with the radar and only software update having a bug. You should try recalibrating your cameras, but that requires you to drive 50+ miles for it to calibrate. See if that solves the issue.

While driving with autopilot I suddenly received this message which is attached. "Auto steer is unavailable for the remainder of this drive." I am using 22. 20. 8 version on my 2021 model 3. Do I need service or can this be resolved another way?

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_185303.jpg
    IMG_20220904_185303.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 189
While driving with autopilot I suddenly received this message which is attached. "Auto steer is unavailable for the remainder of this drive." I am using 22. 20. 8 version on my 2021 model 3. Do I need service or can this be resolved another way?
That is usually a fault that comes up, if you correct the autopilot very often or override the cars driving. Did you do something like that beforehand?

If you schedule a service appointment via the app, they will attach an estimate. Mine is still under warranty so therefore I can't tell you how much it costs. I don't even know what their hourly labor charge is. I think that it has nothing to do with the radar and only software update having a bug. You should try recalibrating your cameras, but that requires you to drive 50+ miles for it to calibrate. See if that solves the issue.
I thought they stopped using radar a while ago and new cars do not even have it. Anyway, my M3P 2021 just started to disable all driver assist features without any reason provided in the events. I disabled dash cam feature (have my own external one installed) and removed any USB drives attached to the car. Did camera recalibration - it completed with in 15 miles on the highway. Have service scheduled on Friday, but if this does not reoccur - will cancel it.