Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Currently Disabled

Marcust99

Apr 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Got my MPY yesterday and couldn't activate Autopilot. Of course in my account I just saw this msg

"Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features are temporarily inactive and will be rolled out in the weeks ahead via over-the-air updates."

Hopefully it will be restored soon....

hcdavis3

HCD3
Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2019
Got my MPY yesterday and couldn't activate Autopilot. Of course in my account I just saw this msg

"Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features are temporarily inactive and will be rolled out in the weeks ahead via over-the-air updates."

Hopefully it will be restored soon....
That’s not right. Check with Tesla.

Gpkarma

May 11, 2021
Durham, NC
I just picked up my 2021 MY yesterday & calibrated by evening, and I was able to use auto-pilot with steering on my way to work just fine.

Toneus

Apr 9, 2021
Atlanta
Make sure that you're not still in Calibration. One indication is a Double down tap pops a warning about Autosteer not being available. Also, if you set Controls > Autopilot > Full Self Driving Visualization Preview you notice when the FSD computer begins to render objects, road signs, and traffic signals. If you don't see those objects then the cameras & computer might not be finished calibrating.

Marcust99

Apr 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Make sure that you're not still in Calibration. One indication is a Double down tap pops a warning about Autosteer not being available. Also, if you set Controls > Autopilot > Full Self Driving Visualization Preview you notice when the FSD computer begins to render objects, road signs, and traffic signals. If you don't see those objects then the cameras & computer might not be finished calibrating.
That was it. I've got 55 miles on it now and it works -)

Reactions: Toneus

Gpkarma

May 11, 2021
Durham, NC
Will the p's for parking spots not show until auto-park is re-enabled in software update? Or should I be seeing them?? I was below 10 mph, I am fully calibrated, looked in between several cars with clear spot markings... am I missing something???

djflux

Helping people in space!
May 14, 2021
Houston, TX
I see the same informational message in my Tesla account at tesla.com. I picked up my car on 8 June 2021 and the car currently has 400+ miles and I've used Autopilot on the majority of my highway drives to date.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC