Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Data Sharing on Classic S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought this was interesting seeing as I have a classic Model S, 2012 with no AP. Seems to be new in the .14 update. IMG_20180413_084143[1].jpg

This has to do with the new Waze features in the Navigation system. The message is a bit confusing. Basically, it uses all of the cars in the fleet to measure their speed to show where possible slow downs are present. If you have used Waze, you will be familiar with how this works.

I think they're starting to slip a bit with the Classic cars. My last update on my 2013 S talked about being able to switch the tire pressure readings between PSI and Bar. Nope. My old car could only tell you if a tire was low... no actual readout of individual tire pressures. That came later.

This has to do with the new Waze features in the Navigation system. The message is a bit confusing. Basically, it uses all of the cars in the fleet to measure their speed to show where possible slow downs are present. If you have used Waze, you will be familiar with how this works.

Thats pretty stupid. Waze has 50 million users and how many Tesla's are there? 200k?

I can't imagine that will be accurate at all.

Thats pretty stupid. Waze has 50 million users and how many Tesla's are there? 200k?

I can't imagine that will be accurate at all.

Except those 50 million users have smartphones of varying levels of accuracy for both location and for speed. Can't tell you the number of times I've parked my car and am walking and see that Google Maps / Waze now thinks there's congestion on the road segment.

IMO you don't need 50 million users to tell you the average flow rate of traffic. Not to mention this is not Tesla's only source of data. They can still tap into INRIX's light pole mounted radar sensor network available in most cities.