Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot disabled, "AEB Disabled" message in 2022.36.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First drive on 2022.36.2. At first Autopilot refused to engage and I got a persistent "Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled". Surprisingly, TACC cruise control still worked correctly.

Pulled over, rebooted the car, cleaned cameras, and everything worked for awhile. Then I got the big red wheel, beeping, Autopilot was again disabled and the "Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled" message returned. Anyone else seeing something like this? Car is a 2022 MS LR

Reactions: Tpstulane
If your foot is on the accelerator and you are past the Autopilot set speed, you will get this message.
Right, this is a different message. The message I am getting is "Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled" and Autopilot doesn't work. But traffic aware cruise control works correctly even though I expected no AEB would mean no TACC.

A reboot seems to have fixed the problem, with any luck permanently?

2015 ms here.. got das_w009 automatic emergency braking is disabled and gtw_w277 power braking assist reduced

rebooted did not help. open ticket with SC and got it pushed again did not fix. now sitting in service with a 300 buck testing fee on it.

2015 ms here.. got das_w009 automatic emergency braking is disabled and gtw_w277 power braking assist reduced

rebooted did not help. open ticket with SC and got it pushed again did not fix. now sitting in service with a 300 buck testing fee on it.
Same here, both errors, also on a 2015 MS. I did get another update (2022.40.4) since this started after 2022.36.? earlier in the week, but I still have the error messages. Scheduled a service appointment for next week, they did look at logs but still need to bring it in. Sounds like a firmware issue, sucks to have to waste time and money on service appointments as a result.

Been getting this message since 2022.20.17 (now on 2022.36.20) and still get it. The frustration is while using autopilot the error message appears and gives me the red steering wheel of death and disables my FSD for the remainder of my ride. This has happened 3 times now and is so frustrating. I paid for FSD and now autopilot is effectively useless if this bug pops up while using it. It’s a dangerous situation because it scares the hell out of you when it happens for absolutely no reason of your own.

First drive on 2022.36.2. At first Autopilot refused to engage and I got a persistent "Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled". Surprisingly, TACC cruise control still worked correctly.

Pulled over, rebooted the car, cleaned cameras, and everything worked for awhile. Then I got the big red wheel, beeping, Autopilot was again disabled and the "Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled" message returned. Anyone else seeing something like this? Car is a 2022 MS LR
Yes similar events today (12-2-22) 2022 MY LR.