Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot disengage after 1 sec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me start by saying I have 2020 M3LR with 50k milage no FSD (no beta). I have use autopilot many times and familiar with how it works. Autopilot blinks blue, then chimes, and then stops if no response to the car all within a good amount of time. Lately I went on two road trips and notice instead of car behaving normally it blinks blue then red and disengages Autopilot in less than one second without an opportunity for me to respond. Eyes are forward towards the road, not looking down or on my phone.

. Just wondering if that is normal? I have log the bug to tesla and they it's "normal" and most likely impossible to duplicate at Service Center.

Let me start by saying I have 2020 M3LR with 50k milage no FSD (no beta). I have use autopilot many times and familiar with how it works. Autopilot blinks blue, then chimes, and then stops if no response to the car all within a good amount of time. Lately I went on two road trips and notice instead of car behaving normally it blinks blue then red and disengages Autopilot in less than one second without an opportunity for me to respond. Eyes are forward towards the road, not looking down or on my phone.

. Just wondering if that is normal? I have log the bug to tesla and they it's "normal" and most likely impossible to duplicate at Service Center.
2018 M3LR EAP/FSD here…same behavior. It began after updated to 2022.20.8. Interestingly it began not immediately with the update but after several hundred miles of normal operation. No idea why, no resolution either. Haven’t yet called for service as I’m out of 4-year warranty; I was really wishing the car would fix itself, but alas…

Reactions: Snowball316
2018 M3LR EAP/FSD here…same behavior. It began after updated to 2022.20.8. Interestingly it began not immediately with the update but after several hundred miles of normal operation. No idea why, no resolution either. Haven’t yet called for service as I’m out of 4-year warranty; I was really wishing the car would fix itself, but alas…
Thanks for confirming. I though it was just me. I can't understand why or what it may have caused it. Then shortly after these events with Autopilot, I have to pull over stop and Park-Drive the car in order to get the AP back on.

book a service anyway. Most of the time its handled remotely anyway at no charge to you.
If they end up getting as far as a real visit you can call it off at that point.

Reactions: SalisburySam