TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot does not read cones or barricades

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Vinnym1984, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Having "something as good as Tesla" is not hard to believe here ;)

Did you ask them if the car was not using any sort of maps at all or is this your assumption? (also note if you put in an address - some maps definitely were at play!)

• Like x 1
  2. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

Good question. Actually we spent 3 hours looking at the "decision tree" data after the drive and talked about what worked and what needs more work. Yes, a map is used to determine the route to get it to the punched in destination, but the point I was trying to make is that it was not a pre-approved route. Seeing the objects from the camera and sensors was pretty cool and that is how it determined to stay on the road and avoid objects. The mistakes I saw it make during the drive (well in my opinion) was that big pot holes certainly were not avoided, and I thought it slowed too much when passing a person on a bike. Other than that, it was fine.:D

3. sub

sub Active Member

I may be missing something but how do we know for sure this Tesla was using AP at the time of crash?

4. Sawyer8888

Sawyer8888 Member

#24 Sawyer8888, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Yup. AP2 not seeing a slowly merging vehicle this morning almost caused an accident. I wrote about my experience in another related thread.

Sorry to see that damage @Vinnym1984. Hopefully your SC can do a courtesy repair for you. It's worth asking.

5. jddssc121

jddssc121 Member

Hell mine doesn't read cars :)