Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot does not see left lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 2019.20.4.2 a week ago.

Now, on most of the local/in-town roads, it does not see the left lane while on the right lane. Without seeing the left lane, autopilot won't able to change lanes from right to left.

It's okay on highways.

Has anyone experienced this type of issues?

Now, on most of the local/in-town roads, it does not see the left lane while on the right lane. Without seeing the left lane, autopilot won't able to change lanes from right to left.

It's okay on highways.

Same sections on non motorways have left lane change but not all. Very spotty. What map version do you have?

It's okay on highways.

am I reading the original post correctly that this is a 2 lane road, or a four-lane road? If it's a 2 lane road, am I correct in assuming that autopilot would not allow the car to pull out into the opposing traffic, even if there were not any cars approaching?

Same here. The fact the left lane always appears and / or disappears at the same locations makes me think it's not what the cameras are seeing, rather a bug in some GPS database. Hopefully the next firmware u[date will fix it.

Ah the joy of being a beta tester. :)

am I reading the original post correctly that this is a 2 lane road, or a four-lane road? If it's a 2 lane road, am I correct in assuming that autopilot would not allow the car to pull out into the opposing traffic, even if there were not any cars approaching?

Two lanes for the same direction... tesla is pretty good at making sure car doesn't pull on to the other lane.
BQsLsc4RT7a33Im4Jfym8A.jpg

Don't know the map version, I need to check.
The maps were improved a bit this year, it used to have a LOT of wrong speed limit data, now, it's 90% correct on the local speed limit. I doubt the issue is map-related, though.

My speed limits are the same after the map update, and the "allowed" lanes to change to are spotty...

tech center pushed 19.24.4 to my car a few days ago. The problem is 99% fixed. It used to see sold line/lane to the left. with the new software, occasionally the car does not see the left lane. I talked to the local support person and he said that the firmware team is aware the "issue"