Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot - Explanation needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but where is the list of what features are on what model? That’s where you’re playing a guessing game
What do you mean by "Models"? Do you mean differences between SR+, LR and Performance? If so, then there are no differences... Autopilot is the same across all 3, as is FSD.

If you mean between Models as in "S", "3", "X" etc, then again, on all cars since 2019/20, the features is the same.

What do you mean by "Models"? Do you mean differences between SR+, LR and Performance? If so, then there are no differences... Autopilot is the same across all 3, as is FSD.

If you mean between Models as in "S", "3", "X" etc, then again, on all cars since 2019/20, the features is the same.
Yes there are differences
Autopilot may be on all 3 but there are a number of other SPEC differences which are not clearly stated ( which was my point)

What spec differences? For current models, on same version of software, AP, EAP and FSD share the same spec across all models, be that a Model S, X or 3. Curious what you think differs. Maybe its not clearly stated as there is no difference? Yes, there are differences between screen layouts, but the functionality is the same. There were differences between AP1, AP2, AP2.5, AP3, HW2, HW3, but its all historical, and all current cars are AP3, HW3 on some version of v10.2, unless you are enrolled on the US FSD city streets beta.

What spec differences? For current models, on same version of software, AP, EAP and FSD share the same spec across all models, be that a Model S, X or 3. Curious what you think differs. Maybe its not clearly stated as there is no difference? Yes, there are differences between screen layouts, but the functionality is the same. There were differences between AP1, AP2, AP2.5, AP3, HW2, HW3, but its all historical, and all current cars are AP3, HW3 on some version of v10.2, unless you are enrolled on the US FSD city streets beta.
Differences such as interior, heated seats/wheel etc

Thanks for the answers, Strangely this is starting to morph into what my next question was going to be.
M3SR+
Mats or no Mats (Spec says no, Rep Says yes)
USB Stick/SD Card for Dashcam (Nothing on Spec, Some Forum members saying they bought a USB stick to find one already inserted)

I know when I was researching the car I was trying to find out what all the features were, it wasnt easy so joined the forum here to find out!

Thanks for the answers, Strangely this is starting to morph into what my next question was going to be.
M3SR+
USB Stick/SD Card for Dashcam (Nothing on Spec, Some Forum members saying they bought a USB stick to find one already inserted)

I know when I was researching the car I was trying to find out what all the features were, it wasnt easy so joined the forum here to find out!

The forum is generally great but because things change we can sometimes be out of date. For example the mats provided for the SR+ is a very new change... previously they weren't. I understand that USB sticks are provided as standard these days ... they didn't used to be (but you're probably better with an SSD if you want long life reliability). Heated steering wheels are new too ... but not available on the SR+. Heated front seats are in all models but you have to pay extra via the app to enable the rear seat heaters if you have an SR+ (other variants get the rear seat heaters activated included in purchase).

Reactions: skippyinspace
Differences such as interior, heated seats/wheel etc

They are in the car specs under the features button of each option and each model. I am sorry, but whilst its not dots on a feature list page, its still pretty easy to work out that SR does not get heated steering wheel or rear seats as those options only appear for the LR and Performance models.

1621951440736.png

I've put together a composite of the published interior differences/additions exactly as listed on the car configurator.
SharedScreenshot.jpg

M3SR+
Officially, no interior mats in SR, but some have got lucky recently and had them. If you get them, its a bonus. Specs may have changed.
128GB USB stick included and its in the spec (above) - if you don't get one, Tesla will sort it, eventually.

The cars are under continuous development so ordered published specs and actual delivery specs may change. But Tesla do forewarn if its a significant change to published spec, or will, if pushed, sort out any discrepancy that they are able to. On the plus side, cars have been known to be delivered with a better published spec than that was ordered, ie updated interior, heated steering wheel. And of course, not everything about the car is published, so changes may occur that affect the car but the published specs remain the same, ie heat pump or battery. I don't see Tesla entertaining any discussion on non published specifications unless they materially change how a published specification performs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yev000
So we resort to guessing or asking the forum then if it’s not published AND it might change so we don’t know for sure what we have paid for until we get it and find out what Tesla have given us…. Not good enough IMO

M3SR+

The USB is specifically in the specs with the standard interior ....

1621962383707.png

Mats are not in the spec for the standard interior, if you get them then that's a bonus.

So we resort to guessing or asking the forum then if it’s not published AND it might change so we don’t know for sure what we have paid for until we get it and find out what Tesla have given us…. Not good enough IMO
As we've proved before, you'll get at least what's detailed on the website at the time you placed your order, it can be useful to take some pictures as a record. You might get more, then you'll be happy.

When I placed an order in May 2019 the spec included the Homeline Garage Door opener and Premium Connectivity for life, but that changed before delivery. After querying they came and fitted the Homelink on my drive and after my 1year trial they added unlimited premium. You will get what you ordered, if not more.

TBH the mats aren't really worth having anyway, better to buy some all weather one's from Amazon.

Reactions: Yev000