Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot feature lag gripe.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elon Musk on Twitter

fsd-reply-from-elon.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman
AWESOME!!!!! Thanks SO much.

NOA seems awesome compared to smart summon in its current iteration anyway.

He said ‘soon’. When Elon musk says ‘soon’, thats known as ‘tesla soon’. He measured time on an interplanetary basis, so his definition of soon is galactically different then the way mere mortals measure ‘soon’.
We’re getting full self driving ‘soon’......back in 2016

Reactions: conman
Surprised no one here has mentioned pricing of FSD. It bothers me to no end that everyone gets price hikes when only a few get the features. FSD pricing should be commensurate to the available features, especially in small market regions like AU & NZ. I get that they're selling on the promise of future features, but the timeline on those for us is A LOT longer than big markets (and completely unknown). Many people will have moved on to their next car before the features are even realised here.

IMO the price is already more than it will ever be worth to me. I wouldn't pay anyone $8.5k to drive me around for a few years, so I wouldn't pay that for a computer to do it, even if it could do it all right now. Regular AP provides 90% of the value to me. That last 10% that FSD will bring isn't worth more than 2-3k IMO. I like driving myself anyway. Don't even start with the robotaxi argument. No way in hell am I sending my 100k car out for strangers to wear out. It's not making a cent for me. The only way I'll consider FSD is if the price drops considerably, or they go to a reasonable subscription basis. They should have commercial FSD and private FSD subscriptions. Cheap for personal users, more for those making money off it.

Edit: I just realised there's a more appropriate thread for my rant, but I'll leave it here anyway.

....I wouldn't pay anyone $8.5k to drive me around for a few years, so I wouldn't pay that for a computer to do it, even if it could do it all right now.....

I guess a few of us are rolling the dice on Tesla's RoboTaxi future ...
Rare for a car to move from be a financial sink to an investment.
FSD might be consider cheap if & when it finally gets switch-on, and my M3 is earning me several $100s .. or more (?) a day while I'm not using it.