Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like they keep raising the speed but not correcting some of the bugs.

Wish we had some sort of a roadmap for when they are rolling out more cameras, etc. Feature parity with AP1 with the current steering quality seems out of reach for their March target.. or maybe we are just on a temporary version while they are perfecting the multi camera neural net version?

Reactions: jstoneman

Wish we had some sort of a roadmap for when they are rolling out more cameras, etc. Feature parity with AP1 with the current steering quality seems out of reach for their March target.. or maybe we are just on a temporary version while they are perfecting the multi camera neural net version?
I actually feel that auto steer is getting close to parity now, it's been really solid recently. Just needs more speed, and recognition of the side lanes.

I don't recall AP1 autosteer trying to kill me like AP2 does on every occasion when I flip it on for non-motorways!

Definitely not at parity in my opinion.

Didn't Elon quote AP parity and now HW parity?
I would assume AP parity is auto steer / TACC but not things like summon & autopark

The latest update for me actually seems to have made it slightly worst...at least in the aspect of ghost braking on the freeway. That had never happened to me on any previous release while using TACC, but last night it happened multiple times while going under overhead freeway signs.

Also, while using AP on local streets, the car in front of me moved over to the lane on the left, and my car was very hesitant to speed up...as if it wasnt sure what to do.

The latest update for me actually seems to have made it slightly worst...at least in the aspect of ghost braking on the freeway. That had never happened to me on any previous release while using TACC, but last night it happened multiple times while going under overhead freeway signs.

Interesting. I've actually had the opposite experience. I used to get braking with signs every so often, however with the latest update the past couple days I haven't had an incidents of this, even at locations where I previously did.

Going up 5mph every 2 weeks, this will be usable on the highway at normal speeds by may! Much later than expected, but will be very welcomed. Excited to see where it goes from here.

Reactions: Turing
I don't recall AP1 autosteer trying to kill me like AP2 does on every occasion when I flip it on for non-motorways!

Definitely not at parity in my opinion.

Didn't Elon quote AP parity and now HW parity?
I would assume AP parity is auto steer / TACC but not things like summon & autopark
Not had this experience, almost perfect on the freeway for me. It could be in my head, but I do feel it learns at the car level. Each time I traverse a road it seems a little better. In several hundred kms, I've only had two issues, once where the lane markers went straight into a barrier in roadworks and the car (and me) picked it up at the last second (as I went to correct the car violently corrected also). And once In a tunnel, on a step decline, the car obvsiouly read the overhead gantries in the tunnel as part of the road and the car brakes harder than it should have from 80kmh down to about 50kmh until I hit the accelerator. Other than that it has been actually faultless.

• Informative
Reactions: Helmuth

The two rearview facing cameras will only be used and trained for lane changes.

The narrow far looking forward camera will be used as backup to the main forward camera when it fails or is blocked.

In essence there is no multi camera NN for EAP as you may think. All the driving will be done by one camera (main).

Just downloaded the 17.11.3 update and have to say, it's pretty amazing.

Autosteer feels really comfortable for freeway driving. I even tried a high speed segment of tight freeway turns on an interchange and it handled flawlessly. Lane change is pretty conservative but expected for a new release. It is a bit jerky as well. Lane keeping is fantastic and there is no "truck lust" or wavy lines at all. Vehicles are not displayed to the sides but they are obviously being detected for the lane changing (it won't change lanes if there is a vehicle even near you in the adjasent lanes) I had a couple occasions where the car slowed down suddenly going under a bridge which was a bit scary.

Summon works but is a bit buggy. I have a very tight single car garage and was able to get the homelink + non continuous press FOB hold and click method working fine after some tries. The app seemed to have updated in the middle of my testing (they moved the buttons around, weird) but the fob method worked most of the time (a couple times it just didn't budge)

VERY well done update, I am excited to get back out and test the autosteer a bit more and see what else triggers the ghost braking.

8.1 17.11.3 is working great. I was able to summon from the garage with help from this thread. Increased autosteer speeds on highway/freeway worked really well. Finally found some traffic I could even test <55 mph. But +55 was very stable. No truck lust. No wavy lanes. Lane change worked really well to. The car learns fast, very little calibration. I did feel PRICEE did hesitate to make sure it was making the right decision to change lanes. Took the curves well, didn't hit the line reflectors. Also, I noticed in myself that the AP use at 8.1 started to give me highway hypnosis. Anybody else?