Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if driving into the sun affects AP

The only time I've had any issues with AP on my HW2 car have been in the early morning when driving directly toward bright sunlight. It was affecting my vision as well. The lines on the road were harder to see as they were washed out by the bright sunlight. My car seems to keep the lanes in focus best in lower light where the contrast of the white on black is strongest.

OK so autosteer got a 5 mph speed bump but still must be on freeway to use? TACC to 80.

When is summon coming out?
Pretty much. Also supposedly lane intusion alarms but most of us can't figure out how this is different from previous update.

My guess is summons won't be released for a long time. Probably similar to AP1 5-6 months from now as it took that long before they fixed all the driving problems.

On my two brief drives this AM, I didn't get the "Driver Assistance System not available" warning. I usually get it every time I get into the car. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds, and sometimes it doesn't. I will see if the errors come back, but hopefully that bug fix is one of the features of this new release...

• Informative
Reactions: NicB72