Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for Model X enabled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased mine with Autopilot but when I collect my car the service mans said it is not ready yet and will be ready later with an software update. Any idea when will it be available? I thought it was approved for Model S I wonder why Model X is not available from the befinning...

I have adaptive cruise control enabled on my x now... although I've found it someone jerky... going up an incline in the highway it seems to over eagerly slow and accelerate in quite a jerky manner... no idea when full autopilot will kick in... hopefully they'll fix the jerky adaptive cruise control before then

Reactions: markwj
Where do you enable "adaptive cruise control" is it different to the standard one? I did use cruise control but it just set the speed.... not even detecting distant from front cars like many other very standard cruise control in the marker. Like a generation 1 cruise control now.

I got the same thing, but thing is, who knows when the transport department will approve this think it took them a while for the first version, and they have only informed me about this the day when I took delivery. Ridiculous if you ask me, I paid for it, when I got the car its not there, I believe this constitutes as a bother line scam!!!

I got the same thing, but thing is, who knows when the transport department will approve this think it took them a while for the first version, and they have only informed me about this the day when I took delivery. Ridiculous if you ask me, I paid for it, when I got the car its not there, I believe this constitutes as a bother line scam!!!

Your DS would have made this clear at the time of delivery.
Somewhere in the paper work you signed for the car you acknowledged that availability of features are subject to approval local regulatory approval. It's a tough pill to swallow but if it's any consolation you can complain to HK transport department.

At least its in the pipeline for approval. So it will happen eventually.
I"m still upset removal of the browser, the calendar, and the denial of summon.

Your DS would have made this clear at the time of delivery.
Somewhere in the paper work you signed for the car you acknowledged that availability of features are subject to approval local regulatory approval. It's a tough pill to swallow but if it's any consolation you can complain to HK transport department.

At least its in the pipeline for approval. So it will happen eventually.
I"m still upset removal of the browser, the calendar, and the denial of summon.

Yes the DS did tell me, but that was on the day of the delivery, but I do not see any trace anywhere saying that it is subject to approval of local regulatory on any paperwork that I have signed. The purchase agreement was made between Tesla and I, I do not see how this is transport department's fault at all.
Otherwise we will have all sorts of companies claiming their products can do all sorts of things and in the end blaming it on the government for not approving it.

Yes the DS did tell me, but that was on the day of the delivery, but I do not see any trace anywhere saying that it is subject to approval of local regulatory on any paperwork that I have signed. The purchase agreement was made between Tesla and I, I do not see how this is transport department's fault at all.
Otherwise we will have all sorts of companies claiming their products can do all sorts of things and in the end blaming it on the government for not approving it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Helpful
Reactions: FequalsMA

what @Noelc said.

Let's all go back and revisit Oct 2015 when this happened on the Model S.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 10.28.52 PM.png
TD's response on the system function update of electric vehicles

TLDR: Even Tesla need to heed to the overlords at TD. If not for TD none of our cars could be licensed for use on the road.

Not sure if it's because I placed my order a long time ago (before any talks of 2.0 or even 100D) not sure if the website has changed since but the disclaimer I believe was not there. What I do know is that there is nothing about this on the purchase agreement, which is what any purchase is based on.
I don't expect anyone to read all press releases for the brand of fridge in your house and same should go for Tesla.

Not sure if it's because I placed my order a long time ago (before any talks of 2.0 or even 100D)

I suspect it is. We were all given a free of charge upgrade to AP2 hardware, but the downside of that is that the feature set initially is less than that of AP1 cars. Long term, we'll get more features, short term less. Personally, I'm happy with that - the alternative is getting a car with already discontinued hardware.

Regarding the purchase agreement, all mine says is 'Enhanced Autopilot'. I need to go to the website to find out what that package includes, and the disclaimers are there.

I don't expect anyone to read all press releases for the brand of fridge in your house and same should go for Tesla.

The point is not the press release but rather who it was issued by.
Transport Department is the governing body that issues your license and car registration approves cars for on road use.

Cars deemed out of compliance are ineligible for road registration. Simple as that. In fact, If they wanted to TD could change rules and make cars with built in GPS screens illegal and tons of cars would become illegal. In this case with AP, Tesla could give you the software but your car wouldn't be legal and Tesla HK would be sued.

Its a raw deal for consumers but everyone including Tesla answers to TD.
Other cars don't have this issue because most don't normally receive software updates or its not as strictly enforced (double standards, again TD to blame).

In the eyes of TD, cars are contraband until they say otherwise (it's like armored personnel carriers or uranium. Sure you could purchase some, but for sure the government is going to want to have a word or two with you). Tesla does not have any issue selling you the software or rolling it out here along with the rest of our neighboring countries, they are just busy dealing with TD to make the software road compliant at the moment. It'll be done when TD says its done.

Look at it this way, you bought early, it will eventually come out at some point in time, you'll have gotten a discount.

Last edited:
Reactions: markwj
I was at Tesla two days ago and asked the sales at showroom reg enhanced autopilot. Actually i am waiting my car but i did not opt for autopilot and as per website if i activate before it will cost 38,xxx and after delivery 46xxx. What he told me that people who paid initially less bss AP1 will be restricted to full function of enhanced auto pilot which now costs double but problem is its still not approved by TD due to hardware changed hence they need approval again and who knows when it will come.

My question is, with this FRT effective now, would this affect the price of options if activated after?? Have asked same question from sales also but awaiting reply.

Also i don't want to pay for something now which i cant use pending approval from TD.

Any ideas?

I was at Tesla two days ago and asked the sales at showroom reg enhanced autopilot. Actually i am waiting my car but i did not opt for autopilot and as per website if i activate before it will cost 38,xxx and after delivery 46xxx. What he told me that people who paid initially less bss AP1 will be restricted to full function of enhanced auto pilot which now costs double but problem is its still not approved by TD due to hardware changed hence they need approval again and who knows when it will come.

My question is, with this FRT effective now, would this affect the price of options if activated after?? Have asked same question from sales also but awaiting reply.

Also i don't want to pay for something now which i cant use pending approval from TD.

Any ideas?

Me too waiting my MX in the March batch but I did opt Enhanced Autopilot when ordered it in Nov 2016.
My experience from my MS in Feb 2015 ( with hardware version one) the google map navigation came about six month after delivery. While autopilot came in around Nov 2015 (halted by TD for about three months) reactive again in around Jan 2016 and until now.
The enhanced autopilot (hardware version two) is an added and more redundancy on car safety that TD can't say no but they just need more time for their approval.
The new FRT now effective, this after market option mostly will subject to taxation in higher cost.:(

• Informative
Reactions: mkq786