Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
picked up my S 10 days ago, done 1k mls so far, AP worked fine both TACC and auto steer.
This morning leaving the house no AP, error message is Cruise not available.
Auto headlights, auto dimming mirrors and auto wipers gone too, latter not a big miss.
Called Tesla support, they said they would escalate to senior tech and the problem started being reported by others.
Not sure if accurate or party line.
Anybody has/had same issue? S 100D, Sep production picked up 10 days ago, latest software ie V9
Thanks

Link to FB Model 3 page where folks are reporting the same issue: Tesla Model 3

Again, I have an S75D, but it seems to be a non-model specific issue today.
Thanks for the thoughts.
Interesting re M3, that was also what came up via Google but thought it was an older problem.
I did try a reboot, didn’t fix it.
Might be a new MCU and software combo issue. It was working fine until then even with driving rain last night.
Hope it will be over the air fix as getting a car booked into service seems like a mission

Thanks for the thoughts.
Interesting re M3, that was also what came up via Google but thought it was an older problem.
I did try a reboot, didn’t fix it.
Might be a new MCU and software combo issue. It was working fine until then even with driving rain last night.
Hope it will be over the air fix as getting a car booked into service seems like a mission
My autopilot, auto-high beams, etc. has worked without fail since I bought my car a year ago. Been on V9 2018.42 for a little while now and everything has continued to work perfectly. This morning is the first time I can’t use any of it. Based on all the reports it sounds like it is happening to several people which makes me think it’s not our cars specifically.

E405D82B-8072-4226-B1C4-3BE814FCDD94.jpeg
E405D82B-8072-4226-B1C4-3BE814FCDD94.jpeg 5356844A-668A-4F71-81C6-59E5D041F29F.jpeg Can confirm that autopilot, TACC and regular cruise control is disabled/gone this morning. 2018 model s (sept 2018) with v9

Tried rebooting, drove multiple trips. Nothing. Even emergency braking (collision alert) is not working.

Called the mothership and they tell me several people have called in this morning with similar complaints. Engineering is investigating.

I'm having the same issue (Sept. 2017 S75D SW:2018.42.2). Everything worked fine yesterday but today no AP, TACC or regular CC, or automatic wipers. Have tried rebooting MCU and did a full shutdown/restart, but still not working. I called the local service center and it was over a 30 minute wait to talk to someone which makes it sound like a lot of people may be having this issue.

Had to actually drive my car to work this morning!!! :D

Well there is plenty of company in misery. Had to drive a whole 100mls without AP, surprised I remembered how to :D
Seriously hope they pull all the stop to fix ASAP, something clearly wrong.
At least it wasn’t complete BS when after 20mins wait, customer support said other had also reported similar issues.

Same problem in Atlanta. Didn't happen to me until a light rain started. Then my entire commute was without ANY driver's assistance features of any kind. Including ABS or warnings. I did both MCU and ICU reboots and pulled off the expressway and parked and full power off for 5 minutes. Nothing. Happens every time it rains for me though.

283A11C0-DA48-4078-93CE-2897DB6C5C96.jpeg

5EC852FB-BF6F-42F7-82D1-EAE2253B88DA.jpeg

Is everyone having this issue on v9?
I would assume that the version doesn't matter... if it's a mothership issue, it shouldn't matter. I wasn't aware we depended totally on server-based software/services for all functions (which we need more details on), but I guess so. It could be 9 is more dependent, but it seems strange that we can't do anything without talking to home base.

Anyone confirm/deny this has always been the case? That it ever changed?

Like the whole 'app fails periodically', I would like an answer as to why the infrastructure is so fragile.