Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot in 360 Degrees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 42.3 when I had my X in to the Service Center last week. In four days of driving since then, the backup camera has worked every time for the IC display (i.e., when a car pulls up behind me at a stoplight, I see the illustration of the car in the IC). I rarely use the actual backup cam, save when I put the X in reverse and it pops up of course.

That’s a small sample of driving from a small sample of drivers (1!), but with my previous version I saw a car behind me represented on the IC very rarely...it never seemed to work.

All that to say I think verygreen’s data is right that the camera is glitchy, but I’m more hopeful it’s a software and not a hardware problem than I was previously.

All that to say I think verygreen’s data is right that the camera is glitchy, but I’m more hopeful it’s a software and not a hardware problem than I was previously.
I am sure it's mostly a software problem, after all the backup cam image works stably nowadays on the big screen. At least to the degere people watch it closely to see if there's still any flickering in the top left corner.