Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot in FSD Beta and other questions (Long)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A FSD Beta video (North Carolina) was posted the other day in Youtube. When he initially turned on AutoPilot, not with Nav on (FSD) the car started going and making turns at intersections on its own. No destination had been loaded. He had no idea where the car was going, he hadn’t plugged anything in. At one point he put the turn signal on and to see what it would do at an upcoming turn. The car continued on its own path and ignored the turn signal. He had to manually intervene. Most of the videos I’ve seen, early ones used FSD with a destination plugged in. Is Autopilot working in FSD or you have to manually intervene and knocked it out to get it to make a turn on a side road when you use the turn signal?

Is there anyone on here from the FSD Beta that can state whether that has been fixed? It also appears from more recent videos, issues uncovered in earlier ones have been fixed. It looks like the updates are happening quickly, or it could be it was not an issue where they were testing.

Summon, which seems would be the most challenging seeing how difficult parking lots can be with all types of things coming at you from all directions, I only saw one video. The turn at the end of the row in the one video was concerning, really slowwwwww. Haven’t seen any on the parking feature and whether that has improved to the point of working better than 10% of the time. Hardly ever identifies the parking space.

Shout out to the Alpha Beta testers, watching the videos especially with pedestrians at intersections was lively. I wasn’t sure what some of the pedestrians where doing in the videos and I too would have intervened with the FSD until the pedestrians figured out what they were doing. Also the speed bumps, I even felt those. It’s nice to see where it needs improvement, rather than the Oh how wonderful it is. This way when we finally get it, we know what to watch for.

I hope they are looking at animal crossing/strikes. Back here in the NorthEast it’s the rut and the deer are moving. My wife just missed one the other day, very close. I’m sure lots of accidents /deaths can be attributed to animal crossings. If they get summon working well maybe that would help with the animal crossings, i.e., things coming at you from all directions.

I hope to see more videos showing the improvements as it progresses. Patiently awaiting the FSD Beta to reach my car. Just another of the 2018 buyers that were promised but never invited to the Beta testing….

Status
Not open for further replies.