Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot in Hong Kong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I would mainly use the Autopilot for traffic jam only. I hope it could work like Audi's Traffic Jam Assistant. I don't think it is fun to drive in Traffic jam, so let autopilot to handle it.

Unfortunately with the mindset of HK drivers and the Traffic jam software allowing space between vehicles, you may find yourself never moving as a stream of frustrated drivers take that minute gap between you and the car ahead.

Traffic Jam software will end up being the road block due to impatience on HK roads!

Unfortunately with the mindset of HK drivers and the Traffic jam software allowing space between vehicles, you may find yourself never moving as a stream of frustrated drivers take that minute gap between you and the car ahead.

Traffic Jam software will end up being the road block due to impatience on HK roads!

Traffic Jam Assistant have different mode settings. If you set to "Dynamic" mode, it will keep the GAP between minimal by scarify some comfort. There is a video in youtube showing how "Dynamic" mode traffic jam assistant works.

Picked up my car with AP hardware today. It has the 6 parking type sensors front and back, so 4 extras, and they cover the sides of the car. There is a camera and 2 other sensors in the front of the mirror mount as well as the radar. The only function working is the lane departure warning. It seems the speed assist is not functioning and the DS has no idea at all about it so I couldn't get any further info.

I tried the the lane departure warning but couldn't get it to work, possibly the camera couldn't see as it was raining. Also I have the old back seats, not the ones with the big headrest as in Bjorn's new video.