TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Autopilot in Victoria

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Blue heaven, Nov 17, 2016.

1. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

If I were to guess...a clickbait headline behind a paywall

2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Paywall is pretty easy to get around:

3. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

Thanx @Chuq

What a jumbled ramble of a read. Just painful. I agree it's hard to see what the point was. I expect from the meandering style the writer was paid by the word too.

While the eventual introduction of driverless cars was expected to improve safety and cut congestion, Mr Donnellan said VicRoads was looking at current technology to get better traffic flows on freeways and other major roads.

“How do we communicate with people as they’re driving around and get messaging into their cars and say, ‘well there’s a major accident on the West Gate Fwy, divert yourself,’” he said.

That's a hard one with current technology...I don't know...maybe try a traffic report on the electric wireless, digital traffic information signs, or Waze on my phone?

4. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

I got to read it before it went paywall.
    Its almost all clickbait these days.

5. Brian May

Brian May Member

Remarks by some Tesla owners such as "My car can drive itself!" probably don't help with public perception.

The Tesla currently is not a driverless car. Comments from Roads Minister Luke Donnellan are concerning however:

Have to wonder however if the context of the question being asked was being distorted or not.

6. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Quote: “It’s not the driverless car I worry about, it’s the driver with car and the capacity of the driverless car to interact with the driver with car,” told an Urban Development Institute of Australia infrastructure event. “Because the driver with car is not going to be as rational as the driverless car.”

I think what they are referring to here is how existing drivers will interact with driverless cars when they arrive. The fear is that a driverless car will act rationally and that is less safe than irrational human drivers. LOL

7. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

Just never admit your hands were off the wheel. "No officer my hands were at at the bottom of the wheel". Very hard to prove there weren't without photo.

8. alpal

alpal Member

Just the other day ... I was using autopilot on a long drive - boredom set in and i noticed my daughter's knitting on the back seat - what the heck - i started knitting - i know - i know - pretty dumb - but hey - it does drive itself:)0). Anyway - five minutes later i look to my right and sure enough ... a cop car - with the officer within gesticulating to open my window. Caught! So I wind my window down - to which he yells, "Pullover!" ...
    I hold up the knitting shaking my head and respond, "No, scarf!"

I know - an oldie but a goodie. He he he...

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  9. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

You had me going there :)

10. TesAus

TesAus Member

You could say he pulled the wool over your eyes?

Ok, ok I'm going.....

• Funny x 3
  11. alpal

alpal Member

Oh, darn it!