Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot invoice code for new cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried this for the cars I ordered without AP, and neither one shows any of those. Those options codes are of no use for software upgradable features.
Which other cars have you found without DA02 (or DA01)?
Ahh, wait, now I understand: I have DA01. It's in Production Queue. I'm still confused.

Last edited:
I tried this for the cars I ordered without AP, and neither one shows any of those. Those options codes are of no use for software upgradable features.
Older cars without Autopilot wouldn't have an Autopilot code because Autopilot didn't exist when they were built. Here are the possible earlier Autopilot related codes that might be listed as options:
DA00 Tech package - No Autopilot
DA01 No Autopilot Package
DA02 Autopilot Convenience Features
TP02 Tech Package with Autopilot
TP01 Tech Package - No Autopilot

Older cars without Autopilot wouldn't have an Autopilot code because Autopilot didn't exist when they were built. Here are the possible earlier Autopilot related codes that might be listed as options:
DA00 Tech package - No Autopilot
DA01 No Autopilot Package
DA02 Autopilot Convenience Features
TP02 Tech Package with Autopilot
TP01 Tech Package - No Autopilot
Thank you, MorrisonHiker. Here's a screenshot of my ordering page:

posting da01.png

My vehicle is currently "In Production Queue", and has code DA01. Elon Musk said all cars in production now and built from now on by Tesla will have self-driving capability, and self-driving capability hardware built in when first built. So, those codes are revealing, up to a point, but don't tell the whole story.

Thank you, MorrisonHiker. Here's a screenshot of my ordering page:

My vehicle is currently "In Production Queue", and has code DA01. Elon Musk said all cars in production now and built from now on by Tesla will have self-driving capability, and self-driving capability hardware built in when first built. So, those codes are revealing, up to a point, but don't tell the whole story.
True. There are many cars in limbo that will probably have the codes or VINs changed, depending on what the buyer wants.

@Jonas_man In the cars with Enhanced Autopilot that I saw listed, I thought you'd like to know that the majority of vehicles was headed to Finland! Hopefully you'll be seeing them in stores soon. I'm sure this isn't all of them...just interesting to see so many headed to Finland. Then again, they ran out of inventory models for Finland early on last month so maybe they need to restock!

Model S FI 12
Model S FR 3
Model S DE 3
Model S HK 3
Model X SE 2
Model X US 1
Model S IT 1
Model X AT 1
Model S GB 1

MS01,RENA,AF02,AU01,BC0R,BP01,BR00,BS00,BTX6,CDM0,CH05,COL2-PMNG,CW02,DA02,DCF0,DRLH,DSH7,DV4W,FG02,FR04,HP00,IDBA,IX01,LP01,ME02,MI01,PF01,PI01,PK00,PS01,PX00,PX6D,QTVB,RFP2,SC01,SP00,SR01,SU01,TM00,TP03,TR00,UTAB,WTAS,X001,X003,X007,X011,X013,X019,X024,X027,X028,X031,X037,X040,X044,YFFC is my P100D order confirmed 9/19

(no AP anything code names in my string)

Just spoke with DS today and they upgraded me to AP 2.0. You could have the same exact string and taken delivery 3 weeks ago and not have had the option to retrofit.

I'll update this post when my AP 2.0 replaces AP 1.0 in my design spec (24-48 hrs)

The verdict is still out on APH0. The 0 would indicate that it does NOT have that option. I think there's possibly another autopilot option coming and none of the cars have it yet
After reading a few other threads where others have existing orders but are not interested in upgrading to the new Enhanced Autopilot I'm wondering if APH is used to indicate they will have the old AP 1 functionality (previously indicated with DA02 option code) but are choosing not to activate the new Enhanced Autopilot.

The cars I noticed earlier had APE1, APF1 and APH0. We know the first two are for Enhanced Autopilot and Full self-driving...and APH0 indicated that the APH option is disabled.
Maybe buyers who originally ordered with DA02 (MobilEye hardware) and AP1 functionality will now have the new hardware but only the old AP functionality if they don't pay to upgrade to APE (and possibly APF). In that case, maybe their options would be listed as APE0, APF0, APH1. That would show they have the new hardware but old functionality...assuming that's what the APH code is for. These cars could later be upgraded to enable new APE and APF functionality.

I received an e-mail to add EAP a day after my order confirmation (10/22) and this afternoon (10/26) my order now reflects Autopilot Convenience Features @ $5000. If your order is in production or just completed with the old hardware it took 4 days for the change to be reflected on the build. I believe as long as you use the "upgrade" e-mail link prior to delivery you should not incur the $500 change fee or have to pay the additional $1000 post-delivery upgrade cost ($6000 total vs $5000 on order).

I received an e-mail to add EAP a day after my order confirmation (10/22) and this afternoon (10/26) my order now reflects Autopilot Convenience Features @ $5000. If your order is in production or just completed with the old hardware it took 4 days for the change to be reflected on the build. I believe as long as you use the "upgrade" e-mail link prior to delivery you should not incur the $500 change fee or have to pay the additional $1000 post-delivery upgrade cost ($6000 total vs $5000 on order).
Mine just updated within the past hour as well. Besides the email, I also got a phone call last Saturday so I just had them upgrade it then and they confirmed there would not be a change fee. Fortunately, I'm still locked in at the old price book, which is $1500 less than current prices. :)