Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot is not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Tesla model 3 four days ago and today when I was on the highway I noticed that I don’t have the autopilot option. (Blue steering wheel icon).
I have enabled it under settings, tried to reset the screen and even calibrated the cameras. Didn’t help.
Has anyone experienced that and was able to fix?
Thx !

• Funny
Reactions: powertoold
I got my Tesla model 3 four days ago and today when I was on the highway I noticed that I don’t have the autopilot option. (Blue steering wheel icon).
I have enabled it under settings, tried to reset the screen and even calibrated the cameras. Didn’t help.
Thx !
It takes time for the cameras to calibrate, mine took a few days to show up. If you reset and choose to calibrate the cameras, you reset them again and it will take even longer to show up. Go rack up some miles and it'll light up soon enough!

Tim

Thx !
If grey, it is ready to use autopilot. It can determine lanes etc. If blue, then it is engaged/using. If no steering wheel then it can't determine lanes and won't engage.

The thing sticking out behind steering wheel that you push down to put to D. I forgot the name of it sorry. But when driving push it down 2x and the small grey wheel icon at the top of the screen screen shoukd turn blue
I just watched a YouTube video and feel pretty stupid. I am not sure why I didn’t think of looking that up earlier 🤦‍♂️

If grey, it is ready to use autopilot. It can determine lanes etc. If blue, then it is engaged/using. If no steering wheel then it can't determine lanes and won't engage.
So autopilot is working!!👏👏
When I watched that video online I noticed that they animated lanes on the screen turned blue. Mine didn’t.
Any reason why?

When I watched that video online I noticed that they animated lanes on the screen turned blue. Mine didn’t.
Any reason why?
Hmm, no idea really. While in autopilot I've not experienced that. Reading around someone suggested doing a hard boot to see if that clears it up. Another suggestion, although I find it odd, is that the car isn't 100% confident where lanes are. If that were true, I would think it would just disengage, and steering wheel icon would go grey, or go away.

Any reason why?
Are you sure its actually on autopilot and not just cruise control? If the lines are blue it will follow the road. Push the right stalk down 2x rapidly. The first down activates cruise control and the second down is autopilot which makes the lanes blue.