Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot issues after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to all,
After my vehicle updated to v11.3.4, autopilot was only intermittently available. The icon flashes on and off, sometimes rapidly. It does this irrespective of type of road - highway, back road, my neighborhood without lines in street, etc. If the icon does not show, the vehicle will alert that autopilot unavailable (see attached video link). When I catch it "on", autopilot functions normally. Interestingly, when I "hold" at a stop (hard press the brake), it always is available as it was prior to the update.
Throughout the years, I have had some small issues that resolved themselves when the car updated. It updated last week to 11.3.6 but the issue persists.
I have checked the sensors and no visible damage is present. I called Tesla. They remotely checked and confirmed all cameras are fine and had no other suggestions. I toggled off and on Autopilot in the menu, but this did not resolve the issue.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230416_122359.jpg
    20230416_122359.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 89
This seems to be "normal" for these FSBb versions. Some people speculate that it has to do with going over the speed limit (you aren't). I think there was another speculation in the "main" FSDb thread, but I don't remember what it was. It usually stays solid for me after a number of flashes until there is an intersection or other significant change in the road. Your lane position may just be that due to the fact that you were trying to get the picture, but I wonder from the picture if it would help to be more centered in the lane...

I have the same issue. Multiple service requests have ended with this is a SW issue the hardware is working as it should. I just sent another request to the Beta Team to see if they will respond but so far they have said nothing. This is very frustrating especially when Elon tells the Investment Community how well Autopilot is working. I think he is clearly disconnected from the reality we as owners are seeing.