Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot - lane centering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh?

It turns left and right just fine for me (OC Cali) - most of the turns that would occasionally be jerky have smoothed out.

To "follow route", my car changes lanes about 0.5 - 1.0 miles from the turn while on city, and about 1.5 - 2 miles on freeway. You can always enable "Minimal Lane Change" and then force lane changes well before, when you're comfortable.

Your car doesn't turn on signals when making a lane change, or turns them on after it's already started to move over? Something is wrong with your software.
See my post

ASCE opinion is better than SAE opinion. And where is NHTSA? 😁

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Hopefully this AP lane centering issue of it trying to stay in the middle of a widening lane (instead of to the left) is getting fixed someday. Wishful thinking but maybe the FSD code that now runs on neural nets on v12 replaces at least just the LK and TACC. As far as I know regular/free AP hasn't been updated in years. Probably not since radar was removed and following distance of 1 was removed from TACC. I've never seen release notes mentioning AP updates/fixes.

The highway "stack" of FSD should come over to EAP, if that's even possible to decouple from city streets. Makes me think EAP and AP will stay the way they are.