Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot/Lane Departure Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

This morning I took my first longer trip in my new LR.
Averaged 187Wh/km in pouring rain while driving 400m altitude over 388km which I think is not too bad.

I have two potential issues I was hoping to get a group view on.

1. Autosteer speed limiting
When not on a motorway I understand that Autosteer is meant to be limited to the posted speed limit plus 10km/h per the manual?
However, in my car it is limited to the exact speed limits itself and cannot be changed.
Is this normal now or is a setting wrong on my vehicle?

2. Lane departure warning/assistance
In my previous cars (AMG/Audi) the lane departure system worked at all times that cruise was active.
In the Tesla, it doesn’t seem to work at all.
I.e. with cruise on (not autosteer) I can drift across into oncoming traffic and off the side of the road with no warning or assistance.
I have all the settings turned on in the autopilot menu and have Lane departure Avoidance switch set to “Assist”.
Any idea why this isn’t working?

Much thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 200
Hi all,

This morning I took my first longer trip in my new LR.
Averaged 187Wh/km in pouring rain while driving 400m altitude over 388km which I think is not too bad.

I have two potential issues I was hoping to get a group view on.

1. Autosteer speed limiting
When not on a motorway I understand that Autosteer is meant to be limited to the posted speed limit plus 10km/h per the manual?
However, in my car it is limited to the exact speed limits itself and cannot be changed.
Is this normal now or is a setting wrong on my vehicle?

In my previous cars (AMG/Audi) the lane departure system worked at all times that cruise was active.
I.e. with cruise on (not autosteer) I can drift across into oncoming traffic and off the side of the road with no warning or assistance.
I have all the settings turned on in the autopilot menu and have Lane departure Avoidance switch set to “Assist”.

Much thanks!

Do you drive on your Easy Entry profile? If not, can you show us the settings of your driving profile.

They can be set differently.

nb. You have an update to install! :p

Do you drive on your Easy Entry profile? If not, can you show us the settings of your driving profile.

They can be set differently.

nb. You have an update to install! :p
Hi OzVic,

Sorry I took that shot while parked.
See screen shot below. Same settings I believe.

I’m guessing from your reply that this is not usual behaviour?

Cheers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 103
Hi OzVic,

Sorry I took that shot while parked.
See screen shot below. Same settings I believe.

I’m guessing from your reply that this is not usual behaviour?

Cheers!
I have the set speed offset set which applies to AP and TACC. Once set you can't increase it any higher than this on city streets on AP (eg. max 64km/h in 60 zone in my example). I believe the one you have set is for the speed limit warning. Mine is set to 0.

Not sure on the leaving lane. It used to activate for me but annoyed me, so have it turned off.

Attachments

• PXL_20220329_075032323.jpg
    PXL_20220329_075032323.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions: Maximillan
This fixed the issue, but it would appear I have to now have the cruise control revert to the speed limit instead of my current speed.
Seems weird to link these when they are not relevant to each other..

Anyway. Much happier now.

Thank you VicOz!

Reactions: OzVic
... I have to now have the cruise control revert to the speed limit instead of my current speed.

Touch Controls > Autopilot > Set Speed and choose either Speed Limit or Current Speed. If you choose to engage Traffic-Aware Cruise Control at the currently detected speed limit, you can specify an offset.

On my Model 3, I have Lane Departure Avoidance set to Warning.

If I drift out of my lane, the car jiggles the steering wheel to warn me I have drifted out of my lane. The sensation is not unlike running over bumpy lane markers but happens even when the lane marking is just paint.

It happens where I'm using TACC or not.

I have no idea what Assist does as I prefer to drive the car myself.

HI, I have a weird issue. I live mostly rural area, when on 2-way highway (one lane each direction with double yellow), the lane departure warning never goes off when I veer into the double yellow. If I'm on a highway, and veer into another dotted white lane it words as expected. The much more dangerous scenario is the double yellow. I confirmed that autosteer works on these same roads. Any thoughts?

HI, I have a weird issue. I live mostly rural area, when on 2-way highway (one lane each direction with double yellow), the lane departure warning never goes off when I veer into the double yellow. If I'm on a highway, and veer into another dotted white lane it words as expected. The much more dangerous scenario is the double yellow. I confirmed that autosteer works on these same roads. Any thoughts?
Update to this, it may be roads that are more narrow, as it does not do this on all two way highways, but most in my area. Interesting my new Bronco has no issues warning on the same roads. I may try to post in another thread.