Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot lane keeping still not available over 6 months after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so you were aware the car will come to a complete stop, and start again when the traffic ahead starting going (sometimes requiring the accelerator tap if it's been too long) - you just felt weird letting the car do it. Gotcha. I imagine the first time people used an automatic transmission they felt the same way. Or cruise control.

No, my concern was trusting software to make basic decisions of logic on my behalf. A world of difference, in my opinion.

No, my concern was trusting software to make decisions for me. A world of difference, I think.

My wife had an issue during our first roadtrip with her driving. She was so paranoid, it took more effort for her to drive with TACC than it did without TACC. After a while she got used to it.

Also, AmpedRealtor, you're already trusting software to make decisions for you (I do realize the difference between the two cases): Drive by wire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can you or breser please tell me then what date the actual EAP Beta was released for 6.2? I actually tried to find that date in order to estimate beta time for this autopilot release, but I was never able to find it.

If you can't find that, why would you expect this time to be different?

I don't think there is one date. Just like we don't have one date for the release versions of software.

I don't actually have a date for 6.2. But if I did I wouldn't share it since it could reveal who shared it.

I don't think there is one date. Just like we don't have one date for the release versions of software.

I don't actually have a date for 6.2. But if I did I wouldn't share it since it could reveal who shared it.
I should clarify. I'm not talking necessarily the first date exactly. But rather the first date it was "leaked" that the 6.2 EAP was going on (which would be sufficiently close presumably). AFAIK the first time anyone in the public knew the EAP was going for 6.2 was when Elon mentioned it in late March.

Basically, I do not agree with AC123's contention that we would know via leaks in the first couple of days when the beta is released, given we did not know for the previous betas. The only time we have known previously was when Elon or Tesla announced it.

Okay Aug 15 is here. Who got Autopilot EAP? Speak up people! Any news? I'm not seeing anything so far. Did Elon pull a fast one again?

Several people have explained why they do not believe we are likely to hear when the beta is actually out, and certainly won't hear about it from anyone in the EAP because of the non-disclosure agreements they are bound by. Since you know this, implying that our not having any news an hour and thirteen minutes into the date in question (on the east coast--it's not even August 15 yet in Tesla-land) means that "Elon pulled a fast one again" seems pretty disingenuous.

Basically, I do not agree with AC123's contention that we would know via leaks in the first couple of days when the beta is released, given we did not know for the previous betas. The only time we have known previously was when Elon or Tesla announced it.

There are always leaks but I'm not expecting to hear anything today even if it was released today to someone.