Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Limitation in US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody,
I'm in Taiwan and I just ordered S75 last week . And I should wait it for about 2 months or more.
The waiting time is so hard...

Anyway, my question is that AP just can active only on highway or freeway in Taiwan.
On country road or downtown , only ACC can be actived.
I wonder know is there any similar limition of AP in US ?

I am not familiar on how Tesla car would work in Taiwan.

For the US, although Owner Manual says it is designed for restricted-access roads (Freeways) but Autopilot works in both local roads as well as Freeways.

It works better on Freeways.

Of course when you can't use AutoSteer, you can still use the Traffic Aware Cruise Control while doing manual steering.

@cheyuan FWIW, Europe is the same as U.S. on this - you can activate AP on most roads (including local roads), though at least AP2 does not work very well on local roads at this stage.

I seem to recall Taiwan (and a few other Asian markets) having stricter AP rollouts due to local regulations than U.S. or Europe, so what you say seems plausibly a regional difference to me.

MMM...I'm so sad about restriction of AP in Taiwan.
I don't think that the restriction of AP is due to local regulation.
Other brand(like Honda, Mazda, Mecedes...)have similar function about auto steering , they can't restricted it because the vehicle don't know what kind of road they are on .

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I mailed Tesla Taiwan last evening. Then I got a phone called from Tesla 1 hr later(really soon).
He said Tesla AP really has been more restricted in certain Asian markets. They had recieved a couple of owner's opinion.
They really discussed to change the restriction or not . But he can't promise is it change or not.
So , all I can do is wait...........

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger