TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot Malfunction scare

Discussion in 'Model S' started by hsglia, May 4, 2016.

1. hsglia

hsglia Member

Two times today I had my model S cross the midline and move towards the bumper of a 18 wheeler I was passing. It made no sense what so ever. It was almost like being attracted to a magnet. Had I not taken over in the last second the car would have rearended a moving truck. SO beware. That after the latest software update.

2. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

What update are you on?

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

My wife reported similar happening to her last week on a trip. I've never had it happen to me personally, and this was before the update earlier this week.

4. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

I have to take over for my AP daily. This morning it did something new though. It started bouncing between the right and left lane lines hard - not a gentle drift. I have no idea why. After I took over and got it straight, it didn't do it again. What if a cop had seen that? I would have been arrested for drunk driving I think.

5. Caligula

Caligula Member

Unless you had actually been drinking, this is a near impossibility... and I'm pretty sure you know this. Of course if you were exaggerating, I'm wondering if there is anything else you were overstating here? Also, what if a cop had seen you reading that book while driving?

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  6. luca

luca Banned

I think you need to report to tesla asap

7. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Electricfan: drunken driving? Arresting? You need to write a novel

• Funny x 1
  8. Naonak

Naonak Member

I had the opposite happen to me yesterday. It suddenly thought there was a car right off my front bumper. There weren't any other cars around... the emergency take over chime was screaming, a big red car was flashing and I was thinking... WTH is going on? Something fishy is definitely up with the last update, which I just got from the TSC two days ago.