Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Malfunction scare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two times today I had my model S cross the midline and move towards the bumper of a 18 wheeler I was passing. It made no sense what so ever. It was almost like being attracted to a magnet. Had I not taken over in the last second the car would have rearended a moving truck. SO beware. That after the latest software update.

I have to take over for my AP daily. This morning it did something new though. It started bouncing between the right and left lane lines hard - not a gentle drift. I have no idea why. After I took over and got it straight, it didn't do it again. What if a cop had seen that? I would have been arrested for drunk driving I think.

What if a cop had seen that? I would have been arrested for drunk driving I think.

Unless you had actually been drinking, this is a near impossibility... and I'm pretty sure you know this. Of course if you were exaggerating, I'm wondering if there is anything else you were overstating here? Also, what if a cop had seen you reading that book while driving?

I had the opposite happen to me yesterday. It suddenly thought there was a car right off my front bumper. There weren't any other cars around... the emergency take over chime was screaming, a big red car was flashing and I was thinking... WTH is going on? Something fishy is definitely up with the last update, which I just got from the TSC two days ago.