Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot nags and changing intervals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
Is there any rhyme or reason as to why the timeframes between nags intervals.

Is there any way to definitely extend time between nags?

So far i believe i may subconsciously be applying pressure sometimes more than others.

My senario-
My interior camera is covered.
Driving with hand resting on wheel, and sometimes not at all.

The issue:
It seems sometimes i can drive with hand resting on wheel and still be asked every 30 seconds - 1 minute to apply torque, other times i can have hands off the wheel and drive for minutes with no torque, is there any reason why?

Should I be driving with the interior camera open?
Would this attribute to less nags?
Thanks,
Luke

I assume you are using regular autopilot or EAP and not the FSD Beta?

I know the FSD beta will entirely disengage autopilot if the interior camera is covered for more than around 30-45 seconds, but I don't believe regular autopilot uses the camera yet.

Hey guys,
Is there any rhyme or reason as to why the timeframes between nags intervals.

Is there any way to definitely extend time between nags?

So far i believe i may subconsciously be applying pressure sometimes more than others.

My senario-
My interior camera is covered.
Driving with hand resting on wheel, and sometimes not at all.

The issue:
It seems sometimes i can drive with hand resting on wheel and still be asked every 30 seconds - 1 minute to apply torque, other times i can have hands off the wheel and drive for minutes with no torque, is there any reason why?

Should I be driving with the interior camera open?
Would this attribute to less nags?
Thanks,
Luke
From my experience, it seems to be adaptive, the more you miss, the faster they come.
Make sure that you are looking for the black box messages which appear before the blue screen flashes which then locks you out.

It just takes practice.