Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot/NoA randomly and incorrectly signalling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've noticed this since Navigate on Autopilot was enabled in Australia many years ago. With NoA enabled, sometimes when the car is entering a motorway/freeway or near a on/off ramp/exit it starts indicating even though there is no lane change required.

It seems to be getting crazier, yesterday while entering the M4 from Concord Rd heading towards Parramatta. I enabled Autopilot (no NoA) and it started indicating left. In this situation there was no need to indicate at all and even if it thought I had to merge it should be indicating right. There was also no way to turn off the signal, hitting the stalk did nothing I had to disengage Autopilot to stop the signalling.

This is probably down to the RHD market being an after thought for Tesla. Any others experienced this? Or just a me problem?

It's getting sucky maps data. When a 'road' ends (i.e. when its name changes) and there's some merge involved, it indicates onto the next road. Google Maps treats on-ramps as separate roads with separate names, that start and end mid-way through interchanges. The Glenloch Interchange in Canberra, westbound from West Belconnen towards Civic, is just awful. If you zoom in on any map, every single ramp through the interchange is its own separately named road, and some names change multiple times.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot