TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Autopilot not available any more?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by gnguyen, Jun 4, 2019.

1. gnguyen

gnguyen Member

A few days ago my Model X from March 2017 with EAP lost its Autopilot features. It never seems to become available anymore as I'm driving. Navigate on Autopilot doesn't show when I set navigation. The steering wheel icon that shows next to the speedometer in the center display never comes up anymore. When I try to engage Autopilot or cruise control from the steering wheel stalk, it says "Cruise control unavailable".

A few days ago everything was working fine. Any ideas? I made a service center appointment but it is a week away.

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Most likely, you need to install another firmware update over-the-air and you don't need to spend time driving your car to a Service Center.

Please give your Service Center a call and reference what I said above so they can push another firmware to your car over-the-air.

3. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Try doing a reboot of the processors. You may even want to go through a power-down/power-up cycle. And see if this corrects the problem. Getting an OTA software update might also fix the issue.

Our AP 2.0 2017 S 100D periodically loses the side cameras, which limits some features like NOAP or lane change - but haven't seen a complete loss of all AP features like TACC in either of our Tesla vehicles.

4. gnguyen

gnguyen Member

Reboots, power cycle did not seem to fix it. I’ll try calling for the software update, thanks all!

5. Pixalchemy

Pixalchemy New Member

A complete power down did it for me. Embarrassed I didn’t know where to find power off in the menu..

6. mxnym

mxnym Member