Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot (not FSD) on 3.x hardware- no lines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have 2020.48.10 , on a Aug 2019 hw3.x model 3, and the AP would never offer to engage near my house because there are no painted lines on the road. Last night on my way home I noticed AP was now lighting up. Most of the news and talk is about FSD beta, I wonder what’s happening with AP and if I noticed an unannounced update to AP or it’s just a bug or maybe I missed an announcement.

So I have 2020.48.10 , on a Aug 2019 hw3.x model 3, and the AP would never offer to engage near my house because there are no painted lines on the road. Last night on my way home I noticed AP was now lighting up. Most of the news and talk is about FSD beta, I wonder what’s happening with AP and if I noticed an unannounced update to AP or it’s just a bug or maybe I missed an announcement.

AP might get better as time goes by but unless the improvement is universal (duplicated by others) then it's just hit and miss.

For example, regular AP couldn't do a left turn before but some are able to do that now. However, that is not universal because I can't duplicate that and I have FSD!

Enjoy those improvements while you can!

Reactions: rebel1996