Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot not usable after 2021.4.18.2 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s weird because all the visualization stuff works fine. The cameras are working, the car recognizes all the lanes and objects it should do. But the grey tiny steering wheel never appears… No luck when I tried to start autopilot it always report “Cruise control not available”.

Anyone encountered similar behavior? Is that a one off issue or some bug of the new firmware version?

...It’s weird...

Welcome to the new and improved firmware updates that try to improve something but then might give us some new issues as well.

Most updates are fine. Some may give us a headache.

The fixes could be:

1) Reboot your car again
2) Drive off to see if the functions come back
3) Go to your app and book an appointment. For these kinds of issues, Service Center usually calls you up and fixes them over the air so you don't have to wait to come in for your appointment.

Model X here. I had to soft-reboot my system to get my LTE connectivity. I then found out that many parts of my Profile was reset. I had to manually turn back on the Autopilot and Autosteer. In addition, it required for me to connect to WiFi so that it could download updated maps. I was frustrated, but it only the car a few minutes and everything is back online now. Be patient, and try it.

Reactions: Rdriver