Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot Not Working at All .. Wierd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry haven't done the best on follow up. They ended up replacing my car computer and radar computer. Every thing works great now.

Sadly my car came back to me covered in fine concert dusk on the out side and inside (they are having the concrete floors cut up for new lifts installation in service). Also found the foam cover for the battery power cables under the rear seat left out, my rear seat not clipped in at all, a body panel plastic rivet not installed and lastly the worst they put three one inch long scratches into my passanger lower door well that will need to be sanded and repainted to fix since its down to the primer.

As for the fix what I have been told is generally the service techs are more plug and play when it comes to the SW issues. They are there to check all connections and do general diagnostic but the computer fixes are a try A then go to B and then replace or try C when dealing with the tesla engineers and SW issues or hardware concerns.

Thanks for the update. Sad that they returned the car to you in that condition but it looks like swapping out the radar and computer fixed the problems.

I’m assuming they did not turn off the display full self driving visualizations options, but you may want to check that out.

I still find it odd that I can’t find anything online about others reporting the same issues as me with FSD. I would think that if it is a known issue, we would be hearing about it in the forums.

At least the TACC is now functioning after turning off the advanced visualization option. Still waiting on the next update.

I have autopilot and that's it (purchased my car in 2019) so no FSD enabled. I do get all the visualization stuff and I had tried turning that beta option off for a day and back on after a deep sleep over night. Still no fix. After the service center visit all has been good. Now I have 28.6 update available and I'm hesitant to proceed lol.

Just updated to 2020.28.6. Turned on the Full self driving visualization option and within minutes, I lost TACC, all visualizations, Autopilot, FSD, auto summon, and auto wipers. Also got the same dreaded “Driving visualization temporarily degraded” message.

What a bummer!

Turned off the Full self driving visualization option. Let the car sleep/deep cycle, and then TACC along with all the features were working again, but without the advanced visualizations displayed as the option was deactivated.

Will wait for the next update in the hopes it will resolve the issue.

Stevenhm-Considering you only have so much warrenty on the car I would suggest making an appointment if you haven't and have them look at it/again. Seems the same issues I was having. I wonder if part of this is the new autopilot rewrite Elon has referred to rolling out. Or there is a huge SW bug that causes a roll over issue with each new deployment?

Good advice. I'll book another appointment and see what they have to say.

I uploaded a video showing the loss of visualizations and then it suddenly reappears after a brief period while driving, only to stop again with the same message appearing.

Just updated to 2020.28.6. Turned on the Full self driving visualization option and within minutes, I lost TACC, all visualizations, Autopilot, FSD, auto summon, and auto wipers. Also got the same dreaded “Driving visualization temporarily degraded” message.

What a bummer!

Turned off the Full self driving visualization option. Let the car sleep/deep cycle, and then TACC along with all the features were working again, but without the advanced visualizations displayed as the option was deactivated.

Will wait for the next update in the hopes it will resolve the issue.
Sounds a lot like Vallet got turned on somehow.

I booked another service appointment via the app after the update to 2020.28.5 failed to resolve the issue and received a text message about 2 hours later. "Good day Mr. XXXXX. this is technical support from Tesla. As per you concern, this behavior is expected at current firmware level and will be changed in near future firmware update".

Me:
"Understood. I will wait until there is another update but I find it strange that 2 colleagues who have Model 3's with FSD are not experiencing any issues. I would think that if it is software it would affect all cars with the same Autopilot hardware 3 as mine. No reports on the Tesla forums of anyone else experiencing what I have but I understand and will wait for the 4th update since this started months ago".

Tesla:
"Most important that the software team is aware of this behavior and working on a solution, regarding the rest of the fleet, I don't have any data, different regions are running on different software level".

The scheduled service date/time was cancelled in the app.

I believe that this is a software issue as it only results when activating the Full self driving visualizations. When deactivated, things get back to normal after the car cycles from sleep. I am still puzzled why there aren't more owners complaining about this impacting them.

I'm going to sit tight for the future update(s) as it appears this is a known issue that Tesla is working on resolving. Perhaps the new software rewrite Tesla is working on and targeted to be pushed out in 2-4 months will resolve this issue. Time will tell.

Elon Musk talks Tesla Autopilot rewrite, says 'a lot of new functionality in 2-4 months' - Electrek

Good advice. I'll book another appointment and see what they have to say.

I uploaded a video showing the loss of visualizations and then it suddenly reappears after a brief period while driving, only to stop again with the same message appearing.

Notice your front sonar isn't picking up any thing at the start of the video then it shows a marker you coming up on and then poof your visualization turns on. Seems it could be like what I had the sonar computer working intermittent.

This is what I'm referring too.

Attachments

• 20200805_123202.jpg
    20200805_123202.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 81
This is what I'm referring too.

Yes. Exactly the same issue and I raised this with the service center when I picked up the car but they said the radar was functioning correctly (and the computer under the glove box) per their hardware tests. He added that since everything works when the Full self driving visualization option is turned off, it's not hardware related.

Yes. Exactly the same issue and I raised this with the service center when I picked up the car but they said the radar was functioning correctly (and the computer under the glove box) per their hardware tests. He added that since everything works when the Full self driving visualization option is turned off, it's not hardware related.
Make sure to send a couple of bug reports when this happens so they have a snap shot example of what's going on too.

Here I am literally a year later and the car has been perfect till today. Car sat since Sunday out side without being touched (been very warm here in Washington). Went for a drive today and noticed no autopilot (weird). Went to leave the store I made a stop at and noticed once again no back up or side cameras..... Good God I think to my self this is like the last time. I look up and my service conversation with tesla was literaly a year ago this week with this issue. Did the soft and hard reset procedure. Holding my breath it works fine in the Am. Made an appointment non the less.

Lastly I delayed the recent software update for the last few weeks because the car was working so perfectly but after today's issue I went to run the update and.... Would not deploy 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️