Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Model Y yesterday and later in the day autopilot got enough miles to fully calibrate. I was using it yesterday without any issues and all was good. Went somewhere today and every time I tried to engage autopilot it gave an error message saying that autopilot isn't available. I also noticed that it stopped seeing other carts next to me, but was still seeing the lanes and applying corrective steering when swerving out of my lane.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I had a similar experience but even lane keep would not work. Also, intermittentl, my windshield wipers would start by themselves at various speeds. I had washed the MY the day before, but at 5’8”, my dinosaur arms would not reach the camera portion of the windshield to clean it (looked ok anyway). The next day, I found a long enough squeegee to clean the camera area. Initial driving, only around town, it seems to be ok.

Got my Model Y yesterday and later in the day autopilot got enough miles to fully calibrate. I was using it yesterday without any issues and all was good. Went somewhere today and every time I tried to engage autopilot it gave an error message saying that autopilot isn't available. I also noticed that it stopped seeing other carts next to me, but was still seeing the lanes and applying corrective steering when swerving out of my lane.

Any idea what might be causing this?
Try a reboot - hold down both scroll wheels until screen turns black.