TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Autopilot - Old vs New Fascia

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ALLMYNE, Aug 14, 2016.

1. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

Hi.....is there a quality or performance difference with autopilot on the original fascia vs new fascia cars?
    I believe I've read the radar, etc has been moved on the new fascia cars
    I may be getting a pre-owned old fascia build with autopilot and hoping there's not much difference
    Thank you

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

So far no one has reported a difference, and there's been no reason to believe that the sensor systems are any different pre/post refresh - or even in the Model X. All the information to date suggests that every Tesla built since September 2014 has the same sensor capability and the same performance, though presumably that will change at some point in here, and some folks think that is right around the corner.

But there aren't that many owners who would have a chance to realize if there was a difference, either. It'd have to be either a multi-Tesla family or someone with a post-refresh car who has an AP loaner for a while.

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

The one difference is that the radar is behind the bumper cover on the new facelift version so it shouldn't get blocked by snow/ice nearly as easily.

4. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

Super.....thank you