Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot on I4 (Orlando - Altamonte)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing random changes to the autopilot top speed randomly from the Downtown Orlando area through Altamonte on both the East and West areas? I will have the speed set at a comfortable speed and then it will automatically go down to 30 mph without notice. This makes autopilot barely usable on this segment of I4. Is there a way to get this fixed? I'm not sure about other parts because I don't frequent the other parts of I4.

Thanks!

I haven't driven that in a few months, but was always having this issue due to the construction and the road moving. Several times the car thought it was on the old surface roads below or besides the new I-4. I stopped using AP from Altamonte until almost Sand Lake.

Yeah, happened to me a few weeks ago. Started at OBT. This was my first time using it in this area. I made the mistake of trying to stay on AP on the 408 interchange. That did not go well. Every 50 feet, AP would slam on the brakes due to supposed speed limit changing. I'd use the stalk to bump up the max speed, and them bam, it'd go down again.

I should note, it happened a few times on 408 eastbound as well.