Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot on the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how changing the max speed and car length will work on the Model 3 with Autopilot engaged?
I wondered that also as soon as photos surfaced a few weeks ago showing he gear stalk had the AP icon on it.

We don't know yet, but I assume that setting is adjusted in the center display.

NOTE: the TACC 1 to 7 setting is not "car lengths". It is neither time nor distance. It is just a range of settings for the space between you and the car ahead, and at a given setting that space varies depending on your speed.

Does anyone know how changing the max speed and car length will work on the Model 3 with Autopilot engaged?
On a similar note, I've wondered what sort of settings will be available for fully autonomous driving. For example, there could be some range of settings from "maximum safety" to "typical BMW driver." I also wonder whether it would be legal to have a setting that tells it to exceed the speed limit. A lot of people drooling over autonomous driving may be sorely disappointed if it can only drive below the speed limit and show courtesy to other drivers. It will certainly not start out driving like a professional Formula One driver on a race course (once it becomes available).

• Funny
Reactions: Boourns
Seriously though, does anyone know how to change the max speed and distance between you and the car in front during autopilot?

zgWTmNO.png

Auto Lane Change? Is this new?

It sure will be nice to change into a lane that suddenly comes to a stop and it's finally not my fault. Perhaps all the cars communicate to keep that from happening, "Follow me, I'm in lane 3!"

-Randy