Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot - one of the remaining features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you had any influence in the implementation of the Auto-parking feature to/from the garage, are there any conditions you think should be included/considered?

Just for a bit of fun ... while waiting for our Model S :love:

If there was no driver detected in the drivers seat and auto garage park feature selected on the app then ...

• Retract mirrors (want to ensure maximum clearances)
  • Raise Air suspension (if available) - again clearances (dunno about bikes on roof!)
  • Activate hazard lights (especially first iteration of program - exiting garage? kids? overkill?)
  • Ensure Pano roof is closed (don't want anything getting in the car while in garage - you know, animals, dust, etc)
anything else to consider?

I'm not sure if closing the pano roof would be something I deemed necessary, but I am curious if there will be an audio cue coming from the stereo or horn? Probably not the horn, but heck even our garage door chimes and the lights flash at you prior to the 5-minute auto-close function closes it.

I believe we don't get Homelink here (I missed out on that with the Volt as well), so the auto opening and closing of the garage door will be missing from our version of garage auto-park.
I understand that the forward camera would be able to detect when the garage door has been fully raised, how does it detect when needing to reverse out from the garage? Another camera to add on the tailgate perhaps?

I believe we don't get Homelink here (I missed out on that with the Volt as well), so the auto opening and closing of the garage door will be missing from our version of garage auto-park.
I understand that the forward camera would be able to detect when the garage door has been fully raised, how does it detect when needing to reverse out from the garage? Another camera to add on the tailgate perhaps?

I guess the existing rear view camera could be used, wasn't aware they were doing image-based detection of obstructions like this. Good if they are.
On the original question I think you're right on closing pano roof, you may be coming out in to rain and not have thought to manually check and close it.

- - - Updated - - -

If the car self drives into the garage, who plugs in the power to recharge?

A robot arm apparently, they're testing them from what I've read.